Pursuing Law Enforcement

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ArGyLe64

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Without college you can count out OHP. Without college you can count out OCPD, unless you're a minority female. Also, I would work on those grammar skills a bit more. There are questions on your test that will require the knowledge of punctuation and how to use it properly. You can always look toward a small town job but they won't pay enough to cover your bills. Federal law enforcement is another avenue. If you don't have college or any other prior experience (LEO or military) then you better know how to speak Spanish.

DavidWOwens

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
ArGyLe64 said:
Without college you can count out OHP. Without college you can count out OCPD, unless you're a minority female. Also, I would work on those grammar skills a bit more. There are questions on your test that will require the knowledge of punctuation and how to use it properly. You can always look toward a small town job but they won't pay enough to cover your bills. Federal law enforcement is another avenue. If you don't have college or any other prior experience (LEO or military) then you better know how to speak Spanish.

Right! I took the test, for Mustang P.D, a few years back. So, it looks as if I need to lower my bills, as-well-as get some college courses taken care of. Thank you sir.

Droberts

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is there a set # of credit hours required for most law enforcement or do most departments look for a 4 year degree? Specifically, does a BS have any advantage over the required # of credit hours (if it exists).

Is there an age cut off? I'm 33.

Latest posts

Top Bottom