Put up your Xmas tree yet ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
My wife did that the Sunday following Turkey day.... I am not allowed to play because apparently I spend to much time worrying about Symmetry...... And it makes her crazy..... I allowed that happened about the time she was born. And well...... she puts the tree up I enjoy the quiet time!!!:cool:

264killer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hung mine the other day ,cross bow, 808 ZEBCO reel, 50# test line, fiber glass arrow. Its 7 feet tall 3 feet triangle bottom.30 or 40 feet above ground
IMG_2062.JPG

Last edited:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We used to put up a winter wonderland display all over the house every year. There wasn’t a flat surface that didn’t have fake snow on it with decorations on top. We put on huge dinners on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day for over 30 years.
All parents have passed on, family has scattered and only a few show up now as the others are creating their own traditions.
This year, a wood imitation of a Christmas tree is all we have up with one small string of lights.
Didn’t miss all the work for sure!

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I miss Christmas stuff. After the divorce that the wife made off with 55 years worth of special ornaments/decorations I’d been given and collected I just don’t bother. I’d miss all the stuff that has been Christmas traditions for me, some of them since my first Christmas, while decorating and get mad all over again. It just ain’t worth the bother, and with no children or grand children o don’t really see the point. We still celebrate Christmas, and we exchange gifts, we just don’t decorate.

I was supposed to get all that stuff back. I’m still waiting.
You need to let go and start making new memories. That is what I had to do.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Guess I'm gonna be the first bah-humbug. 🤐 In the almost 25 years we've been married we've ... Excuse me ... I ... have only put up a Christmas tree once. He has never put up a Christmas tree. But in our defense we didn't have any kids at home and he was always working. Holidays around here are just another day, for the most part.
Same

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I made the mistake of being too ready too fast. Got my tree last week (12/2/2023) set it up, got the lights on it and all the boxes of ornaments down from the attic so my wife and I could casually decorate it Monday, Tues and I could get the boxes put away. Then it happened, a slab leak on Monday was discovered. Been dealing with Two Dehumidifiers and six fans and keeping my fingers crossed the wood floor dries out and hasn't been destroyed. On Friday the H20 remediation company came out, down to three fans and 1 dehumidifier. I was fortunate that the plumber didn't bust out the foundation to get to it. The floor is looking as though it won't need to be replaced, but now have a big hole punched in my guestroom wall (actually cut) that living room. At least I got the outdoor lights done. You'll have to zoom in to see them better.
20231210_193344.jpg

Last edited:

psimp

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just got ours this morning at HomeDepot - 5ft-7ft Fraser Fir. USUALLY get one right after Thanksgiving, but weird circumstances this year… ANYHOW it pays to procrastinate= $29.95, normally $59-69. Lights are on and ready for wife to do ornaments, because if I do them.. she’ll just redo 🎄 Merry Christmas all!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom