quail - pheasant hunting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tjones96761

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My 2 shorthairs are going nuts. I've got to get them on some birds. I work them every week, but I don't have any birds on my land. If anybody is going out this week or this weekend I'd pay to come along. I'll even come and just work the dogs and not bring a gun, I just feel sorry for them. Normally we've gone at least once by now, usually twice.

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am headin to Kansas to do just that sometime in the next week or so, pretty much just waiting on the right weather. Earlier the forecast said 60% chance of snow on Monday and Tuesday of next week and I planned on heading up Sunday. They have now knocked it down to 30% and 20%, so I'm kind of in a holding pattern. This is going to be my only trip for the year, so I want the best possible conditions, preferrably a couple of inches of snow. Just me and my lab going, MAYBE my buddy and his lab, but that is doubtful. If you're interested in a Kansas hunt maybe we could meet up.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know what you mean. I've been tied up deer hunting in the same area that we bird hunt, and my britt recognizes the smell of the land when I come home. He sniffs me from head to toe, and then goes to the truck smelling all the tires, and fender wells, while bouncing around like a pup.
Its gettting about time to get him out.

tjones96761

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am headin to Kansas to do just that sometime in the next week or so, pretty much just waiting on the right weather. Earlier the forecast said 60% chance of snow on Monday and Tuesday of next week and I planned on heading up Sunday. They have now knocked it down to 30% and 20%, so I'm kind of in a holding pattern. This is going to be my only trip for the year, so I want the best possible conditions, preferably a couple of inches of snow. Just me and my lab going, MAYBE my buddy and his lab, but that is doubtful. If you're interested in a Kansas hunt maybe we could meet up.

I'm back to work on Monday and out of vacation days. I might be able to sneak out early one friday afternoon and be back by monday morning, but that's about it. Kansas or Oklahoma either one would be great. The way my deer season is going I'd probably be better off calling an early end to the season and hitting it up next year.

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The forecast for precipitation just keeps getting worse for early next week, so I don't know if I will make the trip then or not. I'm afraid if I wait too long something will come up and I won't be able to go, so I'm riding the fence right now just watching the weather. If it looks like I am going to go over a weekend I'll holler at you if you are interested in gettin the hounds out.

Latest posts

Top Bottom