Question about End of Days, Rapture, Tribulation

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Explain how God benefits? He needs nothing and nobody to be whole and complete. The idea that God created man for his benefit seems at odds with his nature of oneness with himself. There is no reason for God to create man just to have them get on their knees to worship Him. If he did then this reflects insecurity on his part.

An archeological find doesn't prove the Bible. All events in the Bible are written after the fact. That the script incorporated an account of a past event into the storyline is no proof at all. This is Paine's incredulity of the Bible being the revelation of God:

The Bible Revelation is the script. Future events that are made to fit this account are the play. To assert that those events happening are proof of God's will is a stretch.

One of the problems with Paines argument and all other arguments that hold that we are just a product of Nature is that they cannot explain why love exists.

The argument against religion and God is often easy when arguing on a forum with people who will quote scripture and belief as fact. I do not need to use the Bible or religion to prove the existence of God.

If you are a reasonable person and truly open minded to the possibility that God does in fact exist, I can offer some things to mull over that may enlighten you. If not this argument ends in a who can shout the loudest.

What you are doing by using Paine and the Bible to prove or disprove the existence of God is a joke.

Can God exist without the religion or the Bible?
Are humans just another animal, like any other?
Explain love, hate, egoism and altruism.

Of course the Bible is a poor book to prove the existence of God. It never was and isn't a scholary explication of God. It's just a collection of stories and sayings that religious people use to keep the faith.

The Age of Reason is just a book that says we don't need to invoke God, that we are a product of Nature and thus should rely on reason to form a Gov. It doesn't disprove God's existence.

Last edited:

SM Rider

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Paine without a doubt claimed God existed based on the existence of the natural world. He simply discounted the BS of religion and holy books.

"... His bible is the heavens and the earth. He beholds his Creator in all His works, and everything he beholds inspires him with reverence and gratitude. From the goodness of God to all, he learns his duty to his fellow-man, and stands self-reproved when he transgresses it. Such a man is no persecutor." - Thomas Paine

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One of the problems with Paines argument and all other arguments that hold that we are just a product of Nature is that they cannot explain why love exists...
I've agreed with most everything you've posted in this thread. Imagine that! However, evolutionary biology can, and does, explain why love exists.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I've agreed with most everything you've posted in this thread. Imagine that! However, evolutionary biology can, and does, explain why love exists.

Yes it can explain love to a degree. What science hasn't or can't explain about love is that when love is broken down or reduced to acts, those acts usually fall into one of two catagories; Altruism or Egoism.

I'm not about to type out the whole lecture and argument but I'm convinced God exists because of Altruistic acts which we typically relate as love.

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm not sure this is the direction this thread should go. But, yes, evolutionary biology has dealt with (explained) these issues in detail. Regarding altruism, there is no evidence that it exists; so that isn't a logical, theoretical, or practical problem for the explanation of love.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm not sure this is the direction this thread should go. But, yes, evolutionary biology has dealt with (explained) these issues in detail. Regarding altruism, there is no evidence that it exists; so that isn't a logical, theoretical, or practical problem for the explanation of love.

Maybe some other time I'll explain altruism and egoism.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I posed a couple of questions sometime back with regards to evolutionary biology. So far, no one has been able to answer them for me that wasn't in a facetious manner. The first "question" I pretty much answered myself because I think it would take many generations for the evolutionary process to be completed with regards to coagulation of the blood.

Is the Internet Killing Religion

That link will take one to post #43 where I posed the question(s).

Latest posts

Top Bottom