Question about End of Days, Rapture, Tribulation

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BReeves

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Religions exist simply because man is unable to face the idea that "this is it". Man is afraid of dying and needs to believe in an after life to keep from facing something he can't mentally deal with.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
So why do some believe, and some do not?

Most likely it's because we are taught from birth.....sorta like Santa Claus. Unlike children tho, we can ask the question "does God exist outside of religion and can we offer an reasonable explanation of his existence outside of the Bible?"

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I posed a couple of questions sometime back with regards to evolutionary biology. So far, no one has been able to answer them for me that wasn't in a facetious manner. The first "question" I pretty much answered myself because I think it would take many generations for the evolutionary process to be completed with regards to coagulation of the blood.

Is the Internet Killing Religion

That link will take one to post #43 where I posed the question(s).
I don't understand your post. Are you wanting a detailed explanation of how evolution works, or how coagulation itself evolved? Both are answerable, but I don't understand what the relevance is.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The next to the last paragraph had the really relevant question. Considering all the elements and processes in the process of coagulation, one would wonder how many generations of minor evolutionary changes would be needed to evolve all of those elements and processes. Then, with that in mind, how would mankind have not bled itself into extinction before the process of evolutionary changes of coagulation was complete?

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm willing to spend the time outlining the details of the evolution of coagulation if I have a reason to. Is that the last piece of the puzzle that will convince you that evolution is real, or is it something else? It isn't different from explaining the evolution of most any biological mechanism. That being said, there weren't humans running around dying in masses because coagulation hadn't evolved yet...coagulation evolved long before humans came to be in current form.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Theories about what might have happened millions of years ago should be treated as theories, not fact. Everything we have is mere guessing and speculation. Educated guesses, yes but guesses nonetheless. Just because someone calls themselves a scientist people are just as eager to buy their viewpoints as quickly as others are to believe everything someone says because they call themselves a minister.

Everything we have is mere guessing? By your logic dinosaurs didn't exist. Those fossils we find are just mere rock, nothing more, nothing less. How bout oil? There is a theory that is just decayed plant n animal matter from the bottom of some ocean......guess oil doesn't exist.

Your logic about theories is seriously flawed. Which came first, the chicken or egg? By your logic neither.....why? Chickens either didn't evolve or there is no such thing as an egg.

SM Rider

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I do not 'believe'. To me, belief is an emotional attachment devoid of facts to an idea with the hope that it is true. I need evidence and proof that God exist. When I read Paine's Age of Reason it became evident that his position was logical in determining the existence of God. With the proof in front of me there is no need to believe.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I do not 'believe'. To me, belief is an emotional attachment devoid of facts to an idea with the hope that it is true. I need evidence and proof that God exist. When I read Paine's Age of Reason it became evident that his position was logical in determining the existence of God. With the proof in front of me there is no need to believe.

So for you Paine answered the question of God's existence? The Age of Reason killed God?

Latest posts

Top Bottom