Question about picking up stolen gun recovered by police

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sedona

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a revolver stolen from me in 2006.TPD called today and told me i can go to the property room in a few days to pick it up.I saw on their website i will need proof of ownership.I bought the gun from Academy sports in 2006 and i don't have the receipt.Also, I now live over 3 hours away could i just have them send it to my lgs? I hate to have to drive toTulsa for this because they close at 11:30 a.m. and i have to make and appointment.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
In okc, I had to pay $10 and get on the court docket. From the time I was notified that they had my gun, it was 5 months later before I got it back. They kept canceling the court date for some reason.

filbert

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OKCPD didn't require me to show ownership, but I was was the one who reported it stolen. I had to show ID, pass FBI check, and sign that it was my property. I don't think they will ship it, to much trouble and there may be some regulations,(federal) that would prevent that.

filbert

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In okc, I had to pay $10 and get on the court docket. From the time I was notified that they had my gun, it was 5 months later before I got it back. They kept canceling the court date for some reason.
I didn't have to pay $10, but it was over 3 years before I got it back because of court delays and then the property room doesn't communicate with the detectives very well. I had 12 pistols stolen, have recovered one in bad shape. Total value over $15,000. From a Taurus 22cal revolver to a 1959 Colt SAA revolver.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't have pictures but that's probably a great idea. I do have a list with a description of every gun, including serial number and accessories like scopes, etc. Fortunately, I haven't had any stolen but could provide at least a SN, model no., barrel length, etc. if I ever do.

Dumpstick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I went to OKCPD property room several years ago to recover a stolen pistol. Just had to show ID.

Of course, this was over 20 years ago.

I do remember they wouldn't give me the ammo at the same time. I would have to come back another day to get the 13 rounds of 9mm hamdloads.

I let the cops keep them.

sedona

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I do have the serial number and gave it to the police when it was stolen in 2006.I didn't know i would have to go to court to get my pistol back.This may be more of a headache than it is worth unless i can just go to the property room without too much hassle.

Latest posts

Top Bottom