Question about Reloading & Supplies

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerStatePawn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We are looking into carrying reloading supplies and equipment, but don't really know where to begin. I've never reloaded and I'm not sure what's the hot items and whats not. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated. I'm thinking we'll start with common handgun calibers and depending on how well that goes get into rifle calibers. What other gun related accessories are hard to find in local shops in OKC area?

Twmaster

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

aeropb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The only really hard to find reloading supplies in the area are hard to find for a reason. You won't be successful selling 20 count boxes of Barnes Banded Solids in 404 Jeffery, even at $20 a box. I'd just get a little bit of each of the usual stuff and call it good.

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
These should be a good start:
9mm, 38special/357mag, 40s&w, 45acp for pistol
.223/5.56, .308 for rifle

As far as equipment, Dillon progressive is the way to go. I forget what model # is tops right now but I'm sure somebody will chime in to tell you.
Lee single stage if you wanna sell something lower in price and for beginners.

powder measures, digital scales, bullet trays... the list goes on and on.

natgas

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Pistol primers, large and small, at a reasonable price would be great; 2 or 3 different powders would also be nice.

Tumblers, scales, dies and maybe a selection of either Dillon or Lee loaders would provide some variety for everyone.

Buzzdraw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dillon reloading equipment is great, but the dealer margin is very thin. Check out Hornady (example their Lock-n-Load) stuff. Many like Lee equipment for base level. If you carry a line that the big box (Bass Pro, etc) stores do NOT carry, then you avoid the inevitable price scrutiny.

I'd suggest figuring out who your customer would be for beginning level reloading, then cater to them. That would include calibers. The guys (and gals) are wanting to save $$ so they can shoot more of their favorite banger.

To start, buy the powders that will handle a range of cartridges. Stay mainline on your primers, such as Winchester and Federal.

SoonerStatePawn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I really appreciate all of the advice and tips. We are definately going to be putting an order in soon and will be carrying common handgun calibers, primers, casings, powder, and bullets. I'll post up when it arrives, and what we will have at first.

Blitzfike

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One of the big sellers in reloading stuff is the Lee case trimmer sets and the Lee factory crimp dies. Lee dies are also a good seller, and for the most part quite a bit cheaper than the competition.
Powder, bullets, primers and brass are good sellers. If you can find a source of once fired brass, you can keep many of your reloading customers happy with that. The Fire Marshal in OKC has in
the past put a damper on the quantity of powder and primers on hand on the shelves in some of the stores I used in the past. Investigate that issure before investing in powder and primers. I hope
to see you get into that arena.. Blitzfike

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As far as calibers go, 9mm and .40 should be at the top of the list. Followed by .45ACP and .38/.357.

Another idea is some common competition gear. Double Alpha or preferably CR Speed belts & mag pouches and the like. Extended mag bases, follower/spring kits, Nordic Components shotgun accessories, shotshell caddies, etc. for 3gun.
NOBODY stocks this stuff.

Latest posts

Top Bottom