Question about Reloading & Supplies

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
These should be a good start:
9mm, 38special/357mag, 40s&w, 45acp for pistol
.223/5.56, .308 for rifle

As far as equipment, Dillon progressive is the way to go. I forget what model # is tops right now but I'm sure somebody will chime in to tell you.
Lee single stage if you wanna sell something lower in price and for beginners.

powder measures, digital scales, bullet trays... the list goes on and on.

Good recommendations. I'll add to the list the Lee Turret Press - great for beginners. In addition you may want to stock the Lee Carbide 4 die sets for the pistol calibers. Lots of reloaders, myself included swear by the Lee Factory crimp die that comes in the set. In addition I'd add 45 Long Colt to the recommended list noted above by robar.

For powders I would recommend carrying Accurate #2,5,7 and 9 along with the Hodgdon and Winchester equivalents for pistol powders.

I used to buy all my reloading supplies at SW Shooters but since they went the way of the dodo I'm stuck with the internet and H&H when I want something quick. Neither is my 1st choice. I really miss SW Shooters.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good recommendations. I'll add to the list the Lee Turret Press - great for beginners. In addition you may want to stock the Lee Carbide 4 die sets for the pistol calibers. Lots of reloaders, myself included swear by the Lee Factory crimp die that comes in the set. In addition I'd add 45 Long Colt to the recommended list noted above by robar.

For powders I would recommend carrying Accurate #2,5,7 and 9 along with the Hodgdon and Winchester equivalents for pistol powders.

I used to buy all my reloading supplies at SW Shooters but since they went the way of the dodo I'm stuck with the internet and H&H when I want something quick. Neither is my 1st choice. I really miss SW Shooters.

Me too. I even remember buying bullet molds there...

SoonerStatePawn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've heard from several people to check with the Fire Marshall about carrying powder. I think we will start out small with primers, brass, bullets, and a few other accessories. I definately do some more homework before getting into the equipment. I really appreciate all the tips and advice guys!

Dr_Mitch

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Even if you don't carry competition gear explicitly, I don't think you could go wrong stocking AR mag holsters. Everyone and their grandma has at least one AR. I buy Blade-Tech.

Okieprepper

Disobedience is the true foundation of liberty...
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, as a buyer of reloading supplies, I only buy powders and primers locally to save on the extra hazard shipping charges. I mainly buy my equipment such as press, die and accessories online because of the competitive pricing on the web that often comes with free shipping. So I would suggest if you want make money by selling lots of reloading equipment you should include eCommerce in your plan for success. Many on the Forum will tell you to carry Dillon presses in your line up because their the best, but they are also considerably more expensive than Hornady, RCBS and Lee. Although It would require a substantial start up cost, I think the only to stay competitive with places like Basspro, Outdoor American, and H&H would be to carry a variety of brands and see what your particular customers choose. From what I have been told, there is very little profit margin Dillon equipment and that is why you see more Hornady, RCBS and Lee products in the larger retailers.

tran

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Well, as a buyer of reloading supplies, I only buy powders and primers locally to save on the extra hazard shipping charges. I mainly buy my equipment such as press, die and accessories online because of the competitive pricing on the web that often comes with free shipping. So I would suggest if you want make money by selling lots of reloading equipment you should include eCommerce in your plan for success. Many on the Forum will tell you to carry Dillon presses in your line up because their the best, but they are also considerably more expensive than Hornady, RCBS and Lee. Although It would require a substantial start up cost, I think the only to stay competitive with places like Basspro, Outdoor American, and H&H would be to carry a variety of brands and see what your particular customers choose. From what I have been told, there is very little profit margin Dillon equipment and that is why you see more Hornady, RCBS and Lee products in the larger retailers.

I agree... Most people use RCBS or Hornady!

Latest posts

Top Bottom