Question about two old OKC gun shops

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Mashburns closed up and moved down on south Eastern between 44th & 59th. I heard they later moved again and became Gunworld.

Southwest shooters closed not long after they had a major middle of the night burglary. Thieves broke in through the roof and stole a bunch of guns. I think the thieves were later caught selling some of them. I remember the blonde that always worked the register. She was a chain smoker and threw a huge screaming fit when I came in for a fire inspection and told her that she could not have lighted smoking materials around gun powder and primers.

FullAuto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I only knew of Mashburn when it was on south Eastern before it turned into Gunworld. Their prices were just like Gunworld is now. I went to Southwest Shooters many times when it was at the corner of Linwood and Villa (I think). That place was a dirty hole. The salesmen never gave me the time of day although it was always slow. I'd usually just buy ammo from the chainsmoking blonde and leave.

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I remember Mashburn's when it was near 10th and Penn. Old guy that ran the place seemed to think I was some kind of hoodlum for asking about a folding stock for a Mini-14. He finally sold me me one, but I could tell he wasn't happy about it. Way, way, way back, wasn't Mashburn's in Ardmore, or am I confusing them with Champlin Arms?

Pulp

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The first time I went into the Mashburn's I just stood there like a deer in the headlights. I'd seen guns for sale at hardware stores, Sears, etc, but nothing like this. I was amazed, didn't know there were that many guns in the world, much less one store. That was when it was on Penn, just north of 10th. I took my bro-in-law there a few years later and it was GONE!

UnSafe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I remember going to SW Shooters not long before they closed around '02 or '03?
Junky, dusty place that reeked like an ashtray. Picked up oddball stuff on clearance and left. It was obviously the demise of a once viable shop.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What I remember about them is SW Shooters was the place to go to get the best price on Colts and Mashburn's was always getting burglarized.

Latest posts

Top Bottom