rabbit hunting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cowgirl23

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
seems something is killing all the rabbits and house cats in my area.....neighbors all around me are missing big numbers of cats.....weird....did see an owl watching one of ours the other day who knows...

That's crazy. We have been seeing them closer to our house. Of course with the cattle following me I prolly missed out on a lot.

Steve

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i've read a horned owl if hungry will take down a full grown 15lb cat. i wouldn't say it's coyotes or nething else, we've always had them around. something's hungry tho...

okieboomer1

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
On cold days for rabbit, and squirrel I have found that as long as there is sunshine it will be a good day to hunt. Critters like to find good sunny spots in the early morning to warm up.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry your hunt turned out the way it did.
I have one small area with a few rabbits, but don't hunt them. Its primarily a bird hunting area, so if my bird dog even twitches an eye at a bunny, he get a butt chewing.
Years ago with beagles, we would tear the rabbits up. Like you, using a .22.
Rabbits got poor around here, and went to the bird dogs. Now the rabbits are back

Latest posts

Top Bottom