1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
  2. All members receive 3 free listings a month. Get unlimited listings for just $10 a year! Click here for all the info.

Range Day with my first Suppressor

Discussion in 'NFA & Class III Discussion' started by Engineman1960, Mar 27, 2020.

1. Engineman1960

Engineman1960 Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Long story -- The quick version -- I bought a suppressor November of 2018, my check is dated 17 November 2018; Check clears 29 November 2018 -- February 2020 my FFL calls ATF and finds out status of my paperwork -- ATF tells my FFL that it was approved August 2019; my FFL never receives my paperwork, I have to apply for a certified copy of my paperwork because its lost ( I didn’t loose it -- but I have to apply for a copy -- sent Email on 3 February 2020, get my copy 20 February 2020).

First opportunity today to shoot -- I only brought 2 boxes of suppressed ammunition.

it was awesome -- absolutely awesome.

p22 suppressed 1.jpg

P22 suppressed 2.jpg

When I bought the suppressor the dealer had a P22 adapter he threw in with the deal.

It was worth the wait !!!!!!!

You can make this stuff up !!!!!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 28, 2020
    jmike314, thor447, Jwryan84 and 4 others like this.
  2. Neckbeard

Neckbeard Ammo For Sale

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Glad it was worth the wait. Nice screw drivers also.

3. Engineman1960

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    I bought this used P22 to train pistol instructors at Boy Scout Camp School, Honestly I only shot this firearm when my dealer mounted the suppressor and today. It was used at Camp School, I never shot it at the school. I didn’t know how accurate it was till today -- Shooting spinners at 25 yards. The screwdriver and punch was for zeroing an AR pistol with an Eotech. Excellent Day !!!!!

dennishoddy likes this.
  4. amcardon

amcardon Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Congrats on the suppressor, they're awesome! A bit off topic, but how the heck do you keep it running, especially with a suppressor? I can't run mine for 20 rounds without having to disassemble it and thoroughly clean it (the firing pin gets gummed up) and that's without a suppressor... Anyway, I'm glad you're enjoying it!

5. Neckbeard

Neckbeard Ammo For Sale

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    @Engineman1960 what suppressor is that. Never seen a square one.

@amcardon you got a P22 that wont shoot 20 rounds without issue? What ammo are you using?

6. Engineman1960

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    When I bought the suppressor, my FFL also sold me 500 rounds of the American Eagle Suppressor Sub Sonic ammunition; Told me it works great -- He wasn’t kidding -- 100 rounds, not a hiccup -- sounds insane, the brass casing hitting the concrete, makes a louder noise than the rounds going off -- from 25 yards you can actually hear the bullets hit the steel -- Thats what sold me when I bought it, small noise when the gun goes off and the rounds hitting the ground !!!!! -- the guns at least 20 years old, bought it used at a Wanenmacher Gun Show.

dennishoddy likes this.
  7. Mad Professor

Mad Professor Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%

You really don’t need to run “suppressed” or subsonic ammo out of that. Normal standard and High velocity ammo will not go supersonic in that short of a barrel. They will be a bit loud than some of the slower stuff, but will likely have better reliability. It does change with a rifle though.

I primarily run CCI Copper plated through my suppressors to keep it cleaner.

Enjoy it!!!

dennishoddy and Jwryan84 like this.
  8. Engineman1960

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    dennishoddy likes this.
  9. killerpigeon

killerpigeon Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Welcome to the NFA club. I bought my first one two years ago. Now I have 8. So get yourself back in NFA line and get another.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

10. Tanis143

Tanis143 Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    I have a P22QD and never have that issue, just some ammo doesn't like to run (lots of stovepipes or FTE). What I usually run is Blazzer or CCI minimags and both of them I can run several hundred without a hiccup(most I've run was 300 at a time).

dennishoddy and amcardon like this.