Rant but not a rant...Midway

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MadDogs

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
People have said they received poor service from Cheaper Than Dirt, CDNN and Midway. I never have. All have been great ... stuff shipped and my expectations were met.

But now I think I am going to go outside and freak'n piano is going to drop on my head.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What I ordered was a front sight for my 22/45 and it was only 24 bucks or less. I bragged on here about how quickly they shipped. A few hours after I ordered it and payment confirmed, I got a tracking number. YEAH. Then zip. Kept checking the tracking number and all it said was no information. This went on for a week then someone finally dropped in the mail (I guess).
Need to not BS about "your product has been shipped" when all they have done is fill out and shipping label.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Every time I order from Midway the order takes 2 weeks and following the tracking it goes thru 5-6 states.
Why on earth a package from them would not go Columbia - St. Louis - Tulsa makes no sense. But they go to Ill. Texas Tenn. and other places.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's not just Midway. Same thing happens with other companies as well. A lot of them say your item has 'shipped' when all they have really done is create the shipping label. Then, it may sit in their warehouse for a few days, then it sits in the post office, or UPS, or FedEx. Then, it tours the country before it gets to you. I think they're all guilty of it. I remember the good old days when shipping from Midway was always free ... on everything. Back then, I never even shopped anywhere else. Their prices were as good as anyone's and, with free shipping, it was a no-brainer. Those days are long gone. Now, I shop around for just about everything ... including, maybe especially ... shipping costs. I think Midway has gotten better about their shipping rates lately. I've complained about it several times. Put something your shopping for in your cart and leave it there, then buy it somewhere else. When they email you and ask why you didn't complete the transaction, tell them!

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's almost industry wide. Get the sale and worry about delivering the product later. I've had to issues in 2016 on ordering on line (gun related with no FFL required) and in both they were in stock until I paid for them. Had to contact to find out about shipping and was told they were busy filling orders and later they were on back order.
Oh well. Welcome to the new deal.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Let's face it. Amazon Prime has set the standard!

You have to pay attention to them too. I ordered something and went 2 days and still didn't have a shipment notice. That was the 2nd time in about a month, so I sent a nasty email and told them I would be reviewing whether I renewed my Prime membership when it came due because I expected 2 day shipping to be 2 day shipping like it always had been and that was the whole reason I had it. They checked into it and found that they were actually out of that item and acknowledged that their website should not have made it available. They threw a free 1 day shipping onto that item for when it shipped out. Also gave me a gift card balance on my account. At least they made it right, stuff does happen, even to the best.

As for Midway I always add the $3 or $4 to go UPS or make sure I buy items that will be large enough to go UPS anyway, or buy several items, etc. to be sure of that. Their USPS shipping is fascinatingly slow, .gov should fund a study on it. As long as they ship UPS I've never had take over 3 days.

Latest posts

Top Bottom