USPS Rant

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I dropped a package at the Francis PO yesterday afternoon around 12:30pm. Aside from the young lady needing a calculator to figure $2.75 - $2.64, they did a stellar job of delivering a package I sent to another forum member. He let me know he received it this morning.

$2.64 for overnight, accurate delivery. Nice job.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I actually drove a contract USPS route in Idaho for a short time. I drove from Lewiston, ID with a stop for a mail pickup in Colfax, WA, to the Spokane airport mail center. Large, sleeper-cab tractor with a 53' trailer. Getting in to that post office in downtown Colfax was a real chore.

You had to approach from the south, turn on that little side street, then turn left into the alley, left again thru the parking lot, drive across the street as far as possible and then back to the dock. The truck stayed out in the street. Luckily it was really early in the morning. Then just a straight shot back to Lewiston from Spokane.

I didn't handle any mail other than pushing the bins on/off the trailer.

View attachment 433100
I drove a contract truck for a while 15 years ago. I made two trips in the very early mornings from Shawnee to Ada then a trip from Ada to OKC in the evening. Getting in and out of the Ada loading dock was tight especially when a vehicle was parked in the main lane to the dock. Pay was pretty good but I was no fan of the split shift.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I drove a contract truck for a while 15 years ago. I made two trips in the very early mornings from Shawnee to Ada then a trip from Ada to OKC in the evening. Getting in and out of the Ada loading dock was tight especially when a vehicle was parked in the main lane to the dock. Pay was pretty good but I was no fan of the split shift.
Does your name happen to be Alvin? The dock there is very tight. Shawnee was not a whole lot better, especially for semi trailers with drop shipments.

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
Pretty sure it's Don

o4ldonnotalvin.jpg

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Since this is a USPS rant thread, I’ll share mine. I committed to buy a second hand Nikon scope on another message board on November 20, mailed PO money order on 21st, unlike me, the guy waited until the money order got there to ship, so the scope didn’t leave Highwood, MT until the 28th. According to tracking, it’s now been bouncing around the Seattle, WA distribution center since Dec 1st and is still there as of 9:53 last night.

I sold a muzzleloader on another message board on Nov 20, the guy mailed the money order on the 21st, I mailed the gun on the 22nd, he received the gun on the 28th, and I didn’t receive the money order until Dec 4th.

OkieJoe72

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m going to brag on my local post office just to change things up a bit. Our PO employee does a great job, and she goes above and beyond to try and keep everyone happy. She is the only employee at our PO, and she is extremely busy this time of year. A hand written birthday card for my dad showed up in my box last week from her. She does it for all of the customers that have a PO Box. I told her thank you, and she said that she does it because some of the customers very rarely receive anything in the mail other than bills.

Latest posts

Top Bottom