USPS Rant

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Camo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Neighbor from 2 streets over just dropped by to deliver my mail from yesterday. Not even the same house numbers.. SMH. It’s not that hard, I know.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dang anyone besides me get 2 perfectly delivered packages on time today? 1 from Amazon and 1 from USPS. Got 1 more coming tomorrow and my Christmas shopping is complete. Hope they don't screw it up.

Two packages from the post office delivered today as expected. Sub driver. He was very nice and polite, drove up to the house, got out and handed me the packages, in the rain. He was even friendly when shooing the chicken out of his car that had jumped in when he left the hatch open!

Still don't have the other "Unknown Addressee" package.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
People make fun of this s**t and then will b***h because retailers raise prices. That's the really unbelievable part of the whole thing.

Regardless of what some think, this can't be that hard. I know mistakes will be made and it can probably get hectic. But hard? I don't think so. Stressful? Sure. Lots of time constraints and heavily increased workload this time of year and with online shopping getting more popular.

But we all pay the price for lost merchandise one way or the other...in higher merchandise prices, higher shipping prices, higher insurance prices. Costs have to increase to cover loss. Probably difficult for some to understand but that's the way things work.

Waiting for a call back from the Ada PO boss.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would guess that cost from packages lost is way less than loss from self checkouts.

But, yes, it does lead to higher prices, higher shipping rates and higher insurance (the ONLY business where you are guaranteed profits)

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I would guess that cost from packages lost is way less than loss from self checkouts.

But, yes, it does lead to higher prices, higher shipping rates and higher insurance (the ONLY business where you are guaranteed profits)
How so? There is a gross misunderstanding among some OSA members on how USPS is funded and the mandates they operate under. At some point it needs to be decided if it is to be fully funded by tax dollars or privatized. The half ass way it has been since the Postal Reorg act of 1970 hasn't worked and never will. When I become PMG there will be no 6 day delivery and every office that costs more to operate than the revenue they generate will be closed. It will cost a lot more to send stuff to BFE than it will OKC. Maybe I can hire experts like @Camo and a couple of others who have such great experience there to help get it straightened out. It's an easy dead horse to beat but guess what, over 95% of America got their stuff on time today and to the right address. Ada and a couple of other places suck for air these days it seems. That's a shame and what should be a simple fix. I don't blame Corgi a bit for being pissed.

Letfreedomring

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
By the look of our FedEx driver the other day I'm guessing they don't test for the wacky weed anymore? I was amazed how many times he stopped in middle of front yard to look at package address, looked around to all the other houses, back at his temp helper, rinse & repeat.
Screenshot_20231130_172533_Maps.jpg

287344185_1105552137022330_410476106053224652_n.jpg

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How so? There is a gross misunderstanding among some OSA members on how USPS is funded and the mandates they operate under. At some point it needs to be decided if it is to be fully funded by tax dollars or privatized. The half ass way it has been since the Postal Reorg act of 1970 hasn't worked and never will. When I become PMG there will be no 6 day delivery and every office that costs more to operate than the revenue they generate will be closed. It will cost a lot more to send stuff to BFE than it will OKC. Maybe I can hire experts like @Camo and a couple of others who have such great experience there to help get it straightened out. It's an easy dead horse to beat but guess what, over 95% of America got their stuff on time today and to the right address. Ada and a couple of other places suck for air these days it seems. That's a shame and what should be a simple fix. I don't blame Corgi a bit for being pissed.

I'm not talking about USPS funding. I'm talking about shippers, like Amazon, that take it upon themselves to replace items not delivered to the customer. Insurance claims ultimately raise the cost of insurance. Wasted time and effort by shipping companies resolving missing packages and other issues cost money. These costs can't just be absorbed over and over without the various players raising prices for their services.

And I'm not sure a 95% success rate is anything to cheer about. Would you be happy if the pricing accuracy of your items in a checkout line was 95%? What about a doctor that properly diagnosed your condition 95% of the time. What about airlines? 95% success rate of airplanes getting safely where they're going?

Latest posts

Top Bottom