RCBS chargemaster lite problems?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can’t live with 2 1/2 “ group for hunting when I can use the other scale and get less than an inch not being disrespectful but why should I
I wouldn't blame you on that. But one time you said 1.5" and one time it is 2.5". Is it +/- a whole grain or +/- .1 of a grain.
I started having problems a few days ago when loading for the creedmoor as far as accuracy so checked it this morning against another scale (the chargemaster never showed under or over) and it would show + or -1 and my group was about an inch and a half came home loaded 5 on my old scale and shot the group I posted earlier less than an inch I haven’t done a lot of reloading but what I have this don’t add up
If you are getting a whole grain difference, I would call RCBS and discuss it. That is not the norm. What kind of lighting do you have nearby? Some will interfere.

.1 grain shouldn't make a big difference on target IF the load is in the middle of an accuracy node.

Let us know if the RCBS Charge Lite is a whole grain or .1 grain off. If the whole grain, something is amiss. If it is the .1 grain, I think its back to load development if you want to fine tune for the accuracy node. The optimal accuracy node should be more forgiving in load weight and other variables. Just my 2 cents.

Glock 40

Problem Solver
Special Hen
Reaction score
and my group was about an inch and a half came home loaded 5 on my old scale and ... less than an inch I haven’t done a lot of reloading but what I have this don’t add up

I was just going off what you said. 1.5 inches to less than an inch.

Lots of variables can affect groups at different times. I would want to shoot multiple groups at the same time loaded both ways. Before I gave up on the Chargemaster.

kwaynem

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wouldn't blame you on that. But one time you said 1.5" and one time it is 2.5". Is it +/- a whole grain or +/- .1 of a grain.
If you are getting a whole grain difference, I would call RCBS and discuss it. That is not the norm. What kind of lighting do you have nearby? Some will interfere.

.1 grain shouldn't make a big difference on target IF the load is in the middle of an accuracy node.

Let us know if the RCBS Charge Lite is a whole grain or .1 grain off. If the whole grain, something is amiss. If it is the .1 grain, I think its back to load development if you want to fine tune for the accuracy node. The optimal accuracy node should be more forgiving in load weight and other variables. Just my 2 cents.
One time it was 2.5 (yesterday) today was 1.5” led lighting

Latest posts

Top Bottom