Reasors silent protest

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XPerties

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If the "spokesman" quoted in the TW article is authorized to represent QT corporate, I'd think that the managers will be overridden. That's what happened at the OnCue where I shop. Manager is afraid of guns, can't understand the difference between lawful carry and criminals. He threw a fit and his corporate reminded him of their policy to allow legal carry.

This could be true and as my wife will say "I'm always wrong" BUT I was only relaying messages to everyone.

I'll be interested on the QT thing... if they ban open or concealed, I'll personally mail and/or email every store I frequent to let them know what I think about it. Already let Reasor's know, and I will likely do so again, several times. I don't buy gas at QT (ethanol crap), but I do stop for drinks and snacks quite often. That will come to a halt at any store that bans self-defense.

I never said the word "BAN". As it was told to me they have the right to refuse service but that's standard but we were directly speaking of open carry. So maybe, although QT has never had issues in other states, they were told by corp that if the situation makes other customers uncomfortable managers have the option to ask them to leave.?.?.?.?

Anyways, I don't care. I carry and have no intentions of open carry anyways.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nah, I'll keep going to Reasors and gladly give them my money. The fact that it's a local company trumphs being able to open carry for me.

Yeah, I like Reasors. At least the newer ones - they're clean and local and always give me good service.

Here's a hint - if you want to carry a gun in Reasors, take the following steps:

1. Obtain handgun
2. Obtain holster
3. Put handgun in holster
4. Cover holster with your shirt
5. Carry gun into Reasors
6. Buy groceries
7. Leave

Reasors is a private business and this is their call. You can't get all whiny everytime a private business doesn't like the fact you're a gun nut. Worry about laws that restrict your abilty to carry, not rules. I frankly don't see why anyone cares what a business has to say about guns. As long as they don't have metal detectors and strip searches, you should LOL at what they "allow" you to carry on their property. A protest isn't going to do anything but turn people who aren't in the shooting community off.

I think it would be interesting if we all got together at a specific day and time and staged a silent protest at Reasors. If we all got our weeks worth of food piled in the basket and then went open carry it would be quite interesting to see what their reaction is. Worst case we're criminal trespassed. If they kicked us out they would sure have a lot of groceries to restock. Just a thought!

Yeah! Stick it to those 17-year-old pimple faced boys who are restricting your rights!

[Broken External Image]

redmax51

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
yeah, i like reasors. At least the newer ones - they're clean and local and always give me good service.

Here's a hint - if you want to carry a gun in reasors, take the following steps:

1. Obtain handgun
2. Obtain holster
3. Put handgun in holster
4. Cover holster with your shirt
5. Carry gun into reasors
6. Buy groceries
7. Leave

reasors is a private business and this is their call. You can't get all whiny everytime a private business doesn't like the fact you're a gun nut. Worry about laws that restrict your abilty to carry, not rules. I frankly don't see why anyone cares what a business has to say about guns. As long as they don't have metal detectors and strip searches, you should lol at what they "allow" you to carry on their property. A protest isn't going to do anything but turn people who aren't in the shooting community off.

Right on the money RH, the answer to all non-prohibitive stores/businesses displaying GB signs!!! :thumbup3:

nemesis

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
They are banning all legal carry. I'm not shopping anywhere where I can't legally protect myself to and from the car, so long as I have a choice in the matter.

This is a confusing point which arises periodically. In Oklahoma, with some exceptions, (post office, schools, sporting events, etc) it is not against the law to carry in a business, even if the business has "no guns" signs posted. If it's discovered that you are carrying in a business with "no guns" signs, they can ask you to leave. You've broken no laws. If you refuse to leave, then you're guilty of trespassing.

Is this correct?

okiebryan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is a confusing point which arises periodically. In Oklahoma, with some exceptions, (post office, schools, sporting events, etc) it is not against the law to carry in a business, even if the business has "no guns" signs posted. If it's discovered that you are carrying in a business with "no guns" signs, they can ask you to leave. You've broken no laws. If you refuse to leave, then you're guilty of trespassing.

Is this correct?

That's one interpretation of the law. There has been at least one lawyer who has said that the signs constitute "notice" that you are trespassing. I'd think they would have to prove that you saw them (or at least SHOULD HAVE SEEN them), though. IANAL.

Latest posts

Top Bottom