Reasors silent protest

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Your point is understood and well taken. It's your choice. I choose to avoid spending money at places like this, and to let them know why. I've seen it change policies, and we will see it again.

More power to ya, but I don't think you're gonna change a thing. This is a CYA type deal, lotsa smaller restaurants are going the same route via some of the higher ups in the restaurant association. Some of the these smaller businesses consider it a tort liability regardless of beliefs. Not saying it's right or wrong, just that I highly doubt anything changes unless there is a significant amount of tort reform.

okiebryan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's ok, they will see things differently in a year or so. Still going to fight the good fight. If efforts are successful one of three times, then we succeeded. Surely one of three can think logically when presented with reasonable evidence?

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wifey had a "situation" in the Reasors parking lot in Claremore a while back. Approaching her car she stopped her basket and put her hand in her purse back compartment. The person who had been parked beside her 45 min earlier when she parked backed off, got in his truck and drove away. He tried to approach her to talk about "the weather." Apparently he got the message, good thing for him. (apparently he was not waiting on someone coming out of the store.) She will not shop there or any other Reasors without her firearm in her purse ever again. (Before you get fired up about purse carry, she has an over the neck, opposite side, heavy strap, with holster compartment in the back made for CC purse, and she is not concerned about putting a hole in it, nor do I want to bet against her hitting a silhouette first round at 10ft through it.) Even with CC, ladies can get away with intimidation that guys have a little harder time with. Fortunately, now us guys can adjust our shirts to show a little more holster skin in the future if we want to take that avenue. How about conveying - do you want to see the rest of this turkey leg sticking down and out under my shirt? "I can smoke it quickly for you." Go pick on someone else.

I hope the rash of "no firearms allowed" stickers will fall off quickly and we can be like the other 40+ states after the hysteria and we can get back to normal. I hope Reasors can take the lead since the BOK inside their store is ok with firearms in their parking lots and in their other banking facilities and QT which Reasors has an association with is ok with you running in and out if you to have a firearm in their parking lot also. Guess we need to talk to that guy Jeff Reasor that is so friendly on the radio and invite him to go shooting with us. I met his dad once a long time ago, nice guy.

okiebryan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well then the meeting that 4 different managers who I spoke with on Sunday must have either lied directly to my face or misunderstood their stance. Let's see what the other 7 or 8 stores I visit today say.

If the "spokesman" quoted in the TW article is authorized to represent QT corporate, I'd think that the managers will be overridden. That's what happened at the OnCue where I shop. Manager is afraid of guns, can't understand the difference between lawful carry and criminals. He threw a fit and his corporate reminded him of their policy to allow legal carry.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'll be interested on the QT thing... if they ban open or concealed, I'll personally mail and/or email every store I frequent to let them know what I think about it. Already let Reasor's know, and I will likely do so again, several times. I don't buy gas at QT (ethanol crap), but I do stop for drinks and snacks quite often. That will come to a halt at any store that bans self-defense.

redmax51

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I think it would be interesting if we all got together at a specific day and time and staged a silent protest at Reasors. If we all got our weeks worth of food piled in the basket and then went open carry it would be quite interesting to see what their reaction is. Worst case we're criminal trespassed. If they kicked us out they would sure have a lot of groceries to restock. Just a thought!

Stupid idea, really makes gun owners look good in the public's opinion which we need to expand and retain our gun rights. I have no desire to receive a trespass citation either.

Just mail them all your receipts from the other grocery stores along with your letters

Good idea.

How dare they ban firearms in a private business, where they have every right to ban them, just like we have every right to carry in public. We'll call it Occupy OC. Then, the minimum wage kid can restock all the crap we leave laying out, while the people that actually make the company policies will never know. Grow up or shop somewhere else.

^^This...

Nah, I'll keep going to Reasors and gladly give them my money. The fact that it's a local company trumphs being able to open carry for me.

^^This...

More power to ya, but I don't think you're gonna change a thing. This is a CYA type deal, lotsa smaller restaurants are going the same route via some of the higher ups in the restaurant association. Some of the these smaller businesses consider it a tort liability regardless of beliefs. Not saying it's right or wrong, just that I highly doubt anything changes unless there is a significant amount of tort reform.

^^and finally this....

Last edited:

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's ok, they will see things differently in a year or so. Still going to fight the good fight. If efforts are successful one of three times, then we succeeded. Surely one of three can think logically when presented with reasonable evidence?

Yep, heard all that before, people have been saying the same rhetoric on this board for years. Nothing happens, because you're going after the wrong people. Sorry, but it's probably not going to be a consideration to worry about the ~1% of people that will want to open carry versus a possibility of a frivolous suit from some ********* BG/BG's family if something happens. Personally, if I owned a business it would be a tough situation. Wouldn't bother me a bit if people carried and would personally invite it. However, when you have good legal advice telling you to put signs up to keep someone for sueing you for the rest of your days, as a business owner you consider it. Even though THEY and YOU know it's complete BS, it's something you can hold above a jury's head. Unfortunately, it's little things like that that relieve people of liability, instead of common sense.

Consider this, I'm saying all of this because I've been exposed to a ridiculous lawsuit recently, of a self inflicted death. Now due to the way the law was written, the languange allowed for the proprietor of a business to have some liability. Fortunately ONE small incident/situation that you'd never logically consider having to use as a defense, was what relieved the business of liability. Whereas it should have been quite obvious the business had no part in the death. Now to me, seems we need clearer laws in WHO can or cannot be held liable after someone committing a criminal act and there is a SD shooting. It's sad that common sense/logic needs to be legislated..... BUT business will protect themselves until it we do so.

Last edited:

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This certainly would not leave a good perception of law abiding gun owners in the general public's mind. Destructive behavior never furthers your cause, except possibly with those who really don't matter anyway.

This ... It never ceases to amaze me how folks in a particular special interest group think they are special and no one else's opinion matters.

Latest posts

Top Bottom