Recoil Junkies?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Anybody else here a handgun recoil freak? I got a new-to-me S&W M&P 360. Took it to the range Saturday and let me tell ya; if you haven't experienced a .357 round out of a Scandium frame snubbie; you are missing something. (Some would say you're mssing some common sense if you do shoot a .357 out of an Airlite). It is a beast to shoot. A friggin' beast. The trigger on this little monster sure is nice though; particularly in single action. Fun gun. I like it.

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
yikes...bet you need some strong wrists for that bad boy

Thread going downhill in 3... 2...

I like a little punishment. Not so much with handguns, but I love a swift kick of a rifle or shotgun. .30 caliber rifles and 12 gauge shotguns offer a nice push to the body. Something that has the potential to leave you a little sore the next morning rather than something that's going to leave bruises after a few rounds.

rhodesbe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A certain unnamed member of OSA once thought it a good idea to run hot .44 magnum loads through a scandium framed wheelie, and then carry said weapon in an 'appendix carry' holster as his CCW. It wasn't. But then again, not too many pissed off steamrollers to threaten your life are on the streets, either.

It felt like getting hit by a two by four in the web of your hand everything the trigger got pult. No fun at all...

It resembled: [Broken External Image]

Houge overmold grips just kind of gave you rubber burn. Did little to cushion any recoil.

Hawgman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A certain unnamed member of OSA once thought it a good idea to run hot .44 magnum loads through a scandium framed wheelie, and then carry said weapon in an 'appendix carry' holster as his CCW. It wasn't. But then again, not too many pissed off steamrollers to threaten your life are on the streets, either.

It felt like getting hit by a two by four in the web of your hand everything the trigger got pult. No fun at all...

It resembled: [Broken External Image]

Houge overmold grips just kind of gave you rubber burn. Did little to cushion any recoil.

I rented this little one handed torture device at H&H once. Bought a box of .44 specials and a box of .44mag self defense ammo. I would fire a cylinder of so of specials then 1 or 2 rounds of mag loads. Shot the whole box of specials but managed to set off only 5 mag rounds. And the last one was a mistake, should have stopped at 4. It honest to goodness felt like I was holding my hand up with my thumb extended away from the rest of my fingers, then a 300 pound irate biker smacked the web of my thumb with the heavy end of a pool cue. I've been shooting and reloading for .44 mags for years. I likes me some stout loads. But it was just ridiculous how violently that thing recoiled.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thread going downhill in 3... 2...

I like a little punishment. Not so much with handguns, but I love a swift kick of a rifle or shotgun. .30 caliber rifles and 12 gauge shotguns offer a nice push to the body. Something that has the potential to leave you a little sore the next morning rather than something that's going to leave bruises after a few rounds.

Dude! This is not the place to be tellin' all that!

Latest posts

Top Bottom