Recoil Junkies?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MLRyan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was back home in Mississippi last week and my friend kept telling me about his buddy's Russian rifle that was the worst recoil he had ever felt. His friend told me the same thing. When I saw the rifle it was only a Nagant. I made fun of them while shooting all of their ammo and explaining how 7.62x54r ain't shat compared to...well...a lot.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was back home in Mississippi last week and my friend kept telling me about his buddy's Russian rifle that was the worst recoil he had ever felt. His friend told me the same thing. When I saw the rifle it was only a Nagant. I made fun of them while shooting all of their ammo and explaining how 7.62x54r ain't shat compared to...well...a lot.

Must... resist...

been

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i don't see why people think nagants recoil are that bad. im only 140lbs and don't see the difference between that and my 8mm. it is still really fun to shoot though. i also noticed recoil seems much more intense when sitting on a bench apposed to standing.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i don't see why people think nagants recoil are that bad. im only 140lbs and don't see the difference between that and my 8mm. it is still really fun to shoot though. i also noticed recoil seems much more intense when sitting on a bench apposed to standing.

Inside joke, my friend ... there was a member here for a short while who informed me one night that girls couldn't shoot Mosin-Nagants because the recoil was too much for them ... funny thing not much before that we had an Eat-N-Shoot where I shot ... A LOT ... and a lot of different guns, including the Garand that LW sold us ... I didn't think it was that bad. Anyway, several of the members here who had seen me shoot (and myself) took much delight in giving the SOB a miserable time for the rest of his stay here.

Yeah, he couldn't hang with the big dogs ... tucked his tail and slunk away like the turd he is ... ;) (No disrespect meant to any fine, upstanding turds in the world.)

been

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Inside joke, my friend ... there was a member here for a short while who informed me one night that girls couldn't shoot Mosin-Nagants because the recoil was too much for them ... funny thing not much before that we had an Eat-N-Shoot where I shot ... A LOT ... and a lot of different guns, including the Garand that LW sold us ... I didn't think it was that bad. Anyway, several of the members here who had seen me shoot (and myself) took much delight in giving the SOB a miserable time for the rest of his stay here.

Yeah, he couldn't hang with the big dogs ... tucked his tail and slunk away like the turd he is ... ;) (No disrespect meant to any fine, upstanding turds in the world.)

thankyou..........i was almost offended.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oh, and Nagants don't have much recoil. Why? Because they're revolvers. If you're talking of the rifle, it's Mosin-Nagant, or just Mosin. I wanted to point that out before that error got out of hand :)

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
nagant revolvers are like a .22

Now if you want recoil try a steyr M95 in 8X56R with some surplus ammo. They are hard kickers...........or a NEF handi rifle in .500 S&W. Often you will see those for sale with say.....3 rounds of ammo missing out of a box.

Latest posts

Top Bottom