Refinishing a PPK

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
Danny, depending on the model, you may really screw up the value of the pistol if you refinish it. Post some pics some we can have an idea of when it was made and by whom.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Danny, depending on the model, you may really screw up the value of the pistol if you refinish it. Post some pics some we can have an idea of when it was made and by whom.

+1000!!!!! If its an early pre-war, or wartime gun all you want to do is clean an oil. If its a post-war it will depend on age and markings. Rule of thumb is as long as there isn't pitting to the metal leave it alone!!

Danny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, s-i-l didn't bring it with him so I can't take any good close-up pictures of it or any proof marks. Here are three pics from his cell phone. There was no pitting on the gun. The finish looked like it was a shiny blue at one point in time, but it's really dull and almost silvery in color now. There was a tad bit of rust, but that came off when we cleaned it really good. As soon as I can, I'll try to get some good digital photos of it and any markings that are on it.

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v247_Danny45_IMAG0076.jpg

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v247_Danny45_IMAG0075.jpg

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v247_Danny45_IMAG0077.jpg

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's a PPK/S made in America by Interarms. You won't hurt it to refinish it. Sportsworld may be able to give you some direction. They have sent some things off for me and I have been happy with the price and the end result.

Latest posts

Top Bottom