Do you tip the cleaning staff at a hotel?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For business for a night or two? No. One, I’m not a messy slob and typically leave it cleaner than I found it including towels in a pile and sheets stripped.

For vacation for several nights and they tidy up each day? Yes. Usually $5-10 per night.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nope

Tipping is out of control, entitlement.
I never have received a tip, I received a salary. If the salary was insufficient for life or the job duties, then I found another job.

When we have a room for a 2nd night, staff very rarely cleans it. Why tip for nothing done.
1 night, they clean FOR THE NEXT GUEST, why tip?

Don't do it.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
For business for a night or two? No. One, I’m not a messy slob and typically leave it cleaner than I found it including towels in a pile and sheets stripped.

For vacation for several nights and they tidy up each day? Yes. Usually $5-10 per night.
I strip the sheets too. It MAKES them do their job. I leave them stuffed into the pillow case.

T. MIKE SMITH

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wanted to knock the crap out of one at one time. I was in a LaQuinta that I stayed at all the time in McAllen, TX- I went to eat breakfast and went back to brush my teeth before making customer calls. First thing I noticed was my hairbrush was full of long black hair. I have short brown hair. It kind of freaked me out because I was on the road 4-5 nights a week and had not ever have that happen. I finally trashed my toothbrush, toothpaste and deodorant. Stopped by Walmart and got all new. From then on, I took my toiletry bag with me when I left. My old lady gave me crap about women on the road anyway, glad I didn't get home with that. I told the desk but who knows if anything was done.

HarryBear

HB
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nope, never have. I do however take my hotel card with me because it's been known if you throw them in the trash the cleaning people collect them and sell them to scammers that purchase them in stacks. *(Hint, it has all your credit card info on there). So, shred them if you can or use a knife and cut them into pieces...

Latest posts

Top Bottom