Do you tip the cleaning staff at a hotel?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Depends on how messy the romp with the missus was. Good prep, no mess. Sometimes, though.....

Only seems right to leave a little cash if the staff has to deal with the sheets in that condition.

tynyphil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
nope..... I agree tipping is out of control....it has become much like the dudes on the side of the road. After 45 years of retail work the only tip I ever received was "your trousers are unzipped"

crapsguy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Say you stay a single night at a regular hotel, not a fancy one, do you leave a tip? Hampton Inn, Holiday Inn, Best Western type.

If so, why and how much?

If not, why not?

I stay in a lot of hotels and am curious what the thought is of this topic?
we always do - if not for quality of service - just to show appreciation for them actually working for a living

BillM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Say you stay a single night at a regular hotel, not a fancy one, do you leave a tip? Hampton Inn, Holiday Inn, Best Western type.

If so, why and how much?

If not, why not?

I stay in a lot of hotels and am curious what the thought is of this topic?
I do, on the rare occasions that we travel. Also a very short thank-you note. Mom was a waitress for most of my young life. I'm sensitive to "personal service." YMMV

Latest posts

Top Bottom