Do you tip the cleaning staff at a hotel?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not the tip jar, if they install the wiper blades, then yes direct to the employee.

I had a donut 🍩 shop not far from my house. When I turned out of cul-de-sac, it was 2 blocks straight to donut 🍩 parking lot.

We would leave at 5:30 to go duck hunting, donut 🍩 shop opened at 6:00.

One morning, we were running late and I pulled in. The owner / only employee opened the door 🚪, filled our order and asked where we were going? Told him "duck hunting". He asked why we hadn't stopped the 2 Saturdays before? Answered that it was too early, that he opened at 6:00. He says, "I get here at 3:00, you want coffee ☕️, donut 🍩; you stop, I open." We always tipped when he opened for us.
I was meaning that I put a "tip" in jar. It was a note saying that if someone is asking what size wiper blades for a pick up that it isn't important to know if it is 2 or 4 wheel drive.

alnpar

Old Truckers Never Die
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Since BidenFlation thinks Burger Flippers for teenagers is worth $15 per hour and has cause outrageous Mim. Wages, I VERY SELDOM tip. I never tip in Fast Food. And since we are on Social Security. it has not even come close to keeping up with inflation. Just a BASIC Oil change on my car went from $35 to $90. No other filters other than oil filter. A 12 year old kid wants to mow my yard for $30 that take 20 mins. Car, Health, grocery store food, gas, and utilities all out of control just to mention a few items.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was meaning that I put a "tip" in jar. It was a note saying that if someone is asking what size wiper blades for a pick up that it isn't important to know if it is 2 or 4 wheel drive.

All they know is fill in the blank on the computer.

I went into Advanced Auto for a LICENSE PLATE LIGHT.
Tell "parts guy" I need light for 2017 F-150. Should be all he needs.

PartsGuy: 2 or 4WD?

Me: doesnt matter

PG: what motor?

Me: dont matter

PG: what trans?

Me: DON'T MATTER

Mgr comes from back. "Is there a problem?"

Me: nothing that O'Reilly can't handle.

PG: he won't give me an answer.

Mgr: do you have a clue on what he needs? He gave you everything you needed. "walks to back and brings out light.

Since BidenFlation thinks Burger Flippers for teenagers is worth $15 per hour and has cause outrageous Mim. Wages, I VERY SELDOM tip. I never tip in Fast Food. And since we are on Social Security. it has not even come close to keeping up with inflation. Just a BASIC Oil change on my car went from $35 to $90. No other filters other than oil filter. A 12 year old kid wants to mow my yard for $30 that take 20 mins. Car, Health, grocery store food, gas, and utilities all out of control just to mention a few items.

Kommiefornia McD has STARTING pay @ $31 / hr.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Doesn't affect me in the least. Why do so many folks get worked up over minimum wage?

Kommiefornia has a tendency of spreading their insanity.

Minimum wage is twofold:
1. As minimum wage goes up, everyone's standard of living goes DOWN. only the bottom tier wages go up, yet ALL costs go up by same or more percentage.
2. Goobermint contracts are tied to minimum wage. Whatever percentage minimum wage rises, Goobermint contracts AUTOMATICALLY go up same percentage. No asking, no negotiation, no denial.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Minimum wage is twofold:
1. As minimum wage goes up, everyone's standard of living goes DOWN. only the bottom tier wages go up, yet ALL costs go up by same or more percentage.
2. Goobermint contracts are tied to minimum wage. Whatever percentage minimum wage rises, Goobermint contracts AUTOMATICALLY go up same percentage. No asking, no negotiation, no denial.
How much (in dollars and cents) should minimum wage be? Should it differ from state to state?

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Minimum wage is twofold:

In addition, union wages "used" to be tied to the minimum wage so that if the minimum wage went up, their wages did as well. Just another thing to add to inflation.

Latest posts

Top Bottom