Reloading Questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tyromeo55

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Welcome to the site! Try scrolling to the bottom of the main forum page for the reloading section. there is a TON of great info there!

Ksmirk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There are several good presses out there, since you mentioned 9mm and 223 I would go with a progressive press guessing your shooting a semi-auto a single stage press would be a waste of time. It would take you a very long time to load up and no time to shoot them. I have heard great things about the Dillon presses but you may also take a look at the Hornady presses also. All of them have their pro's and con's. Later,

Kirk

44minimum

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For a complete beginner, a single stage press is the best to use while you are learning but they are slow. Since you want to load for nine MM and 223, I'm guessing you're going to be shooting a lot. For loading a lot of ammo, can't beat a progressive, but there are lots of things happening at once so it's not the best for a beginner. a turret press is in between. A lee classic cast turret press can be used single stage while you're learning and it also features auto indexing that lets it act like A semi progressive press also. If I knew then what I know now, that's what I would have bought in the first place. And it is cheaper to buy the whole kit at once, includes a powder funnel, scale, and just about everything else

Latest posts

Top Bottom