Reloading supplies in Stillwater

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which do you all prefer

• Total voters

streak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I reload both pistol and rifle. Right now there is only one place in town with reloading supplies. it is the great outdoors that is right by the Harley shop. I wouldn't be able to pick between pistol and rifle, but if wally got either/both at wally prices, I'd shop there.

Does he actually have anything in stock? every time I'm there it seems to be that he wants to order something for me.

taymoor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
He always has some of the basic powders in stock. always has some type of 9mm bullets, and .30 bullets. everything else is on a "stop in and check out the stock" status. die selection is kind of sketchy.

Roadking Larry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Secret bunker in an undisclosed location.
I'd like to see reloading supplies on a broader basis but with places like MidwayUSA and Midsouth being able to get pretty much anything a fellow needs in a matter of days it might be a rough road to travel. The trick will be having a broad enough selection to make it someplace people will come to before they hit the internet. Also is there a plan to educate the sales staff enough so that they aren't a danger to a newbie reloader?

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Most people that reload in the Ponca City area reload rifle and pistol. Most of us get our supplies from Powder Valley near Winfield KS.

This.
Quite a few of us reload shotshells too. The worst problem is that Powder valley doesn't carry shot, so a good source of hard shot would be a plus for the area.

I did notice they have reloading supplies at the walmart in Woodward a couple of weeks ago. Had an RCBS junior loader, scales, and most importantly had primers in stock.
Didn't look the selection over real close, as I'm pretty well stocked up at home.

streak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The selection would be basically the same as to what you saw in woodward and for those that have seen what they carry in Enid too. It won't be an overwhelming selection but a small 4ft selection of consumables and equipment.

And you all bring up a very good point in the education of the sales clerks. People would still have to be responsible for educating themselves on what they need and what would be safe, but there are several of us there that would be more than willing to teach what we do know. I believe that now all but 3 of the sales staff currently do their own reloading.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't live near you but if I was driving thru and stopped by I'd be inclined to buy pistol and rifles supplies.
I also have a couple milsurps that use 209 primers so that would be nice also.

streak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of interest in this so you guy's got me out on the line. On one hand I would love to have these available to see if they would fill a need, drive a couple of dollars in sales, and allow me to get consumables at a discount price. On the other hand if I push for this and its a flop it's my neck on the line with what seems to be not a whole lot of people interested.

BadKarma

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm in Cushing and I would like to see you do it.
I load 223, 308 and 45 ACP. I order a lot of bullets and brass in bulk from Midway, Natchez, etc but having a powder and primer connection that close would sure come in handy.

Latest posts

Top Bottom