Remember, you're likely not as anonymous as you think you are online.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XD-9Guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've seen how much info can be gathered by plain old info-security guys working in a corporate environment, I can only imagine what the OSBI could scrounge up with their resources. I think anonymity on the internet is mostly non-existent. Most of us are anonymous because no one particularly cares what we have to say, but when certain people take an interest... that anonymity can disappear quickly.

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've seen how much info can be gathered by plain old info-security guys working in a corporate environment, I can only imagine what the OSBI could scrounge up with their resources. I think anonymity on the internet is mostly non-existent. Most of us are anonymous because no one particularly cares what we have to say, but when certain people take an interest... that anonymity can disappear quickly.

Well put. I am amazed at the foolishness of some people and what they believe is secret and anonymous. On the other hand, I am glad that some of them are, so they can get their butts caught.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Google "forum spies" I had no idea that is a real job. COINTPRO tactics, changing the flow of conversation, hideing facts, finding "instigaters", gathering info by encourageing pictures.

Im sure OSA has been infiltrated. Blows my mind, so yes, theres no being anonomous.

Cowman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
To my way of thinking. You don't want to ever bite the hook. On the posts that ask you. How much ammo is enough? How much ammo do you have? How many guns and what kind are they? This place is and has been watched. Many long time members have slowed down on comments. This may be the time for low online profile. "Winter is coming"

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've seen how much info can be gathered by plain old info-security guys working in a corporate environment, I can only imagine what the OSBI could scrounge up with their resources. I think anonymity on the internet is mostly non-existent. Most of us are anonymous because no one particularly cares what we have to say, but when ANY PERSON takeS an interest... that anonymity can disappear quickly.

Fixed it for you.

You guys would be amazed what a pissed off wife or the determined secretary of a lawyer handling a nasty divorce can find out about you ... Seriously, fellas ... Don't ever write it down ... and NO PICS ... NEVER, NEVER, NEVER let them take any pics ... :nono1:

BallisticBiker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've often wondered why this isn't a "private" forum where you have to log in to view.

Not that that would do anything, but still rather curious as to "why not?" A guitar forum I frequent is locked down like that...

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
We don't have anything to hide here. We have members with all types of political and religious beliefs. I'd like to think we are all mature enough to respect one another. The only talk we won't tolerate is outright treasonous or seditious talk. We might not agree with certain government policies or on proposed legislation, but we respect the law. Every political cycle we have an opportunity to work to change what we don't like. That's the American way. After all, we are all Americans and unlike some, our only agenda is to safeguard our freedoms.

Latest posts

Top Bottom