reviews show the crossbreed supertuck

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've got one for my 3913, but haven't started carrying with it yet. I need to slightly mod the backpiece, because it tends to pop the mag catch when I tried it around the house. Seems comfy though!.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
great reviews gents..seems to be the flavor of other sites, and videos. I am guessing one should get a pant size larger? There may be hope for us bigger guys, so I don't have to carry a pocket gun. I find myself in all type situations wishing for a little more gun than a pocket rocket.

After the AZ shooting, I can't help but think that a well armed ccw holder next to or behind the shooter could have stopped this after the first few shots. just my honest opinion.

jstaylor62

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
to be the cats meow. Even for us more robust men of girth. Any truth to this claim?

re: glock 26 more specific info appreciated.

I dont know about men of girth, but on their website the skirt they have modeling the women's holsters is a little hottie! ;)

Right now they seem to be the only IWB holtser maker that is producing a line for pistols with the new LG-436 Crimson Trace installed.

Oh...and they give a 10% discount for LEO, MIL or NRA.

FireproofD3:25

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I did a ton of research and asking around before I decided on the Comp-Tac MTAC. I had narrowed my search down to the Supertuck and the MTAC. I could not be happier with CompTac. The comfort, fit and quality is outstanding. I have separate kydex hardbodies that I can put on the leather backing, have carried my P228, PX4sc, and M&P9c. They also give the 10% Mil/LEO discount and their lead time is less than a week.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A question on this type holster. Did you have to buy the next size pants or does it work with what you have?

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I received a SuperTuck for Christmas (thanks Mom!) and have worn it every day since. There was a mistake in the order, it was supposed to be horsehide non-combat cut but turned out to be a cowhide combat cut. Crossbreed was more than happy and willing to compensate, but I stuck with it because I'll end up ordering a MiniTuck in the next couple of months anyway. Horsehide will work a lot better for me with my higher-than-average body heat coupled with the summertime humidity anyway, don't have to worry about that so much during the winter here when I carry a full size.

I'm thin at 6'1" and 170lbs. Clothes fit me funny, t-shirts especially. They're either a little tight or too wide (which ends up looking like a shade on a floor lamp). I wear mine at 5 o'clock. I've left the forward/front most clip in the top insert (there are 3 on each side) and I've lowered the back clip to the middle insert. This tilts the grip of my 1911 forward into a position that works perfectly for me in a number of ways. It eliminates printing, even in my tighter fitting shirts, but most importantly it puts the grip in my arm's natural line of movement (in the wipe ya azz motion), that way I can just lift my arm without thinking, grab and draw, and KA-POW! One less hip in this crazy world.

Someone on the first page of this thread said it looks large. It is, somewhat. The leather covers a lot of space, but it's designed that way to spread out the points of pressure, which equals to big comfort. I tested the comfort by sitting down in the wooden chairs at our dinner table, in my truck, the wife's car, and on the couch with my weapon holstered and I didn't have to deal with anything jabbing my side or back. I actually fell asleep on my couch once wearing it with my weapon holstered.

I thought the people who claimed they can't even tell they're wearing it were exaggerating, but they're not. It took me no time at all to get used to the change, but now it's like there's nothing there. Similar to how even when you're sitting down, you can't feel your wallet in your back pocket unless you specifically think about it. Same thing here, for me at least.

The belt clips are strong and sturdy. I don't have a dedicated carry belt, and some might cringe at the thought of the belt I wear, but I wear a cotton web belt (albeit a thick belt) every day and these clips cling on tight. I've drawn probably a couple of hundred times so far and not once have one of the clips come loose.

Which brings me to my final paragraph, as well as my only complaint so far... the clips. This is a concealed carry holster. Designed for carrying a firearm concealed from the public's view. It's called SuperTuck because it allows you to tuck in your shirt (which inevitably reveals the belt clips). Great, fantastic, but there's one problem. Each clip has a raised cross on it. For those who tuck in their shirts, anybody who recognizes those clips will know that you're carrying. Granted, anybody who recognizes those clips will probably be glad to know you're carrying, but there will be those who do not appreciate it that also recognize the 2 cross-branded clips. Why Crossbreed does this on a holster designed for ultimate concealment is beyond me. I've heard you can request non-branded clips when ordering, but I (my mom) didn't because this wasn't a problem I considered until after I received it. They do sell different clips on their site, but I like the over-the-belt clips, they work really well, I just wish they weren't (in the world of firearms) a flashing sign advertising that you're carrying concealed.

UnSafe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been a CTAC loyalist for about 5 years, but they do tend to dig into my hip (No need for underwear and rarely wear a T shirt underneath tucked shirts).

Just ordered a Horsehide ST for my 1911s. Worth a try to see if it's more comfortable, especially on my motorcycle. They have a decent return policy and if it does indeed work, CTAC holsters move quickly on the FS forums.

Latest posts

Top Bottom