Riddle me this you legal gurus

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcizzle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Competitive swimming pool at Mitch Park in Edmond. I know the parking lot is a city park and not school property. However, the competitive pool facility is set up like this:

- owned half by city and half by Edmond public schools.
-Managed by contract by the connected YMCA
- Edmond hs teams practice there during certain hours
- when school is not practicing there space is leased to private teams for practices and meets
- whenneither school or private teams are using it, the space is open for swim to YMCA members.

Is this considered school property? What about during the time a team has it leased? Isn't there an exclusion for school property that's owned by the school but leased to others. Since it's managed by the YMCA is it ever considered a school?

Sent from atop the throne in the last stall using Tapatalk 2 for Android.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It may not fall under the school clause, but I would say it could at least fall under the "Any structure, building, or office space which is owned or leased by a city, town, county, state, or federal governmental authority for the purpose of conducting business with the public" portion.

jcizzle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What about when space in that facility is leased by a private entity?

Sent from atop the throne in the last stall using Tapatalk 2 for Android.

rlongnt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've never seen a Y that wasn't posted so you probably start off in the grey at best.

Most OKC swim meets are held at OCCC so that instantly rules out CCW there.

Honestly, I find anything indoor-aquatic and CCW too big of a pain in the rear to mix. "I admit, I’m lazy like that."

Latest posts

Top Bottom