Rifle season.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

358norma

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Remington XP-100 in 260 w/ 2.5X8 lupy for close work. Winchester Classic Stainless mod 70 in 300Wby w/ Kahles 2.2X9 for long range work. May take Remington 788 in 6mm too.

jmiller45

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I only need 1 rifle to get it all done! I Love (with a capital L) my Remngton Model 700 Mountain Rifle chambered in .280 with a Nikon Monarch mounted on it for a very nice view!

DeerAssassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Will be using a Howa 1500 .300 Win Mag topped with a Bushnell Sportsman 4-12x44 scope. Got a spot right on a trail that i've seen deer on every day i've sat there. Gonna be a good year.

Tele-Caster

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'll be using my Marlin 336 in .30-30. Back in July, I had some gunsmithing done in an effort to maximize accuracy potential. The magazine tube was bobbed to the button-style half-length. The rear carbine band was retained, but it is relieved for clearance around the barrel. A sling stud was attached to it in the manner of current 336 production. The buttstock was glass bedded and it now sports a Limbsaver buttpad. I also installed a Williams 5D peep sight and had the magazine tube follower replaced with a new one for compatability with Hornady's "LeverEvolution" rounds.

The result is a solid 1.5 M.O.A. grouper with the Horrnady gummy tips, which is what I'll be hunting with this season. My 20" Microgroove barrel shoots these at an average of 2360 ft/s. They'll thump a target at 300 yards with 990 ft/lb of smack, which ought to be enough to get the job done as far out as I care to attempt a shot. Since the farthest shot I've ever taken on live game in 35 years of hunting was a 275 yard cross-draw poke at a California mule deer, the little Marlin with the LeverEvolution ammo is probably all the hunting rifle I'll ever need.

T-C

Latest posts

Top Bottom