RIP Stan Musial

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jerbo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Stan The Man, great ballplayer and a gentleman. I got him to autograph a baseball in Tulsa several years ago when his former Cardinal manager Solly Hemus opened up the old Northland Bowling Alley. (shows how old i am) I was never a Cardinal fan, but i liked and respected him a lot.

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Heard about this. I ~may~ have one of his cards around here. Had an uncle that collected cards in the late 40s\early 50s. And no, all his Mantle cards were stolen in the 80s by a jackass who took advantage of my uncle's mental issues. RIP Stan.

10Seconds

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
He was a great guy, I still remember meeting him as a kid. He took time to sign autographs and to talk to us about playing ball - not him, but our little league team and how we did things, etc. Once of the nicest ballplayers I ever met.

hammerdown51

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Stan was a true gentleman and very gracious to all his fans. Last time I got his autograph at a show he pulled a harmonica out of his pocket and proceeded to do a great rendition of Take Me out to the ballgame. Earl Weaver also passed away as well.

Latest posts

Top Bottom