Rolex Advice

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I went to the Grand Cayman Island on a cruise ship and the jeweler had a no date Rolex for $2,800.
A few were buying and it looked on the up and up, kinda wish I had bought one now with no customs tax, state tax etc. I did buy a Rolex later on and didn't wear it but a few times because it wasn't worth getting my head caved in during a robbery so I took it to that used Rolex shop in Bethany and sold it to them. So I ended up later buying an Omega Seamaster for and the guy above is correct, the second hand on expensive watches move in a smooth motion, they don't "jerk" as they move around the dial.

Last edited:

SPDguns

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not sure where you are from, but there is a used watch dealer in Bethany on the south side of 39th just west of McArthur by American Camaro. The guy sells and services Rolex's. Not sure if he's an AD, but he's been there a long time. I frequently go in there to window shop, it's a cool little shop. He could also authenticate anything you buy.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

1911 beat me to it. They have some really good prices. If you want a "homage" of a sub look at the steinhart ocean one or ocean one vintage. If you order one directly from steinhart its about $380 last i checked. There is another site called gnomonwatches.com that sells them too but they are $460 plus shipping there. Eventually i'll get a steinhart.

My grail watch: Omega seamaster

Last edited:

skyhawk1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Indeed Charlie at Watches Etc. is the place to start looking. He is honest and fair, of course he still has to make a living. I have bought several from him and trade back and forth to move up. His warranty is the same as a factory new warranty.

SPDguns

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
1911 beat me to it. They have some really good prices. If you want a "homage" of a sub look at the steinhart ocean one or ocean one vintage. If you order one directly from steinhart its about $380 last i checked. There is another site called gnomonwatches.com that sells them too but they are $460 plus shipping there. Eventually i'll get a steinhart.

My grail watch: Omega seamaster
I have an Omega Speedmaster (moon watch) Dad bought it for me after graduation in 1979. It cost $400!!!!!!!!!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom