Roughing it.....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SgtMojo67

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The winnebago, RV, camper type of camping is not for me. My kids were brought up in a tent, cooking over an open fire, making slit trenches to crap into, and covering them up, etc and so on.
When we left our campsites, it was spotless. Down to the cig butts that the inconsiderate slobs left before us.
We camped in the high country in Colo. and NM. at times. They learned how to make water with solar means, trap fish in beaver ponds, and general survival in the wilderness. They are city kids now, but if SHTF scenerio ever happens, they are ready.

You just earned my respect sir!! I wish more people spent that quality time to really teach their kids some important lessons.....My hats off to you. As for me, I do have an RV but that is because of chronic back pain. I tent camped until 2009....that was the last time. Now if I'm hiking in, that's different. I really want to start doing this hiking thing....Just need to work on the getting the gear.

RG22lr

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a good friend with about 1200 acres and we do a camp on the back side of his property for the week of primitive firearms season. Tent city there is 8 of us there most of the time.Then we do a gun season camp but there is usually 4 to 6 of us there most of the season. He has been going and meeting up with people from the Hammock forum and weekend camping all over the country. talked me into trying it this week and I tell ya it ain't a bad way to sleep.

Latest posts

Top Bottom