Ruger Precision Rimfire wont extract

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Adam,

We have received your request and apologize for the inconvenience. We would like to send you a replacement extractor and positioner spring. These are export restricted; therefore in a new email inquiry please answer yes or no to verify that you are a U.S. Citizen. If the issue persists we recommend you send the complete firearm in for evaluation. Please contact us at 336-949-5200 to have an RMA number issued. Have your serial number handy when calling.

Thank you for your interest in Ruger.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Pro tip, dont use their email thing, call them direct. It takes a few days for them to respond to the email, and you cannot reply to the email so to give them additional information they requested, you have to submit a new automated form, and wait again.

I got through on the phone and the lady even said "Honey, in the future dont use the email forms, that will send you all around the world...just call direct".

New parts will be shipped tomorrow and if that doesnt fix it, I'll just send the whole rifle in.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just think its weird it'll extract unfired stuff just fine, but once its fired it stays put.

Honestly, I'm not holding my breath...but at least its an attempt to make it right.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just asking, have you examined the fired cases with a magnifying glass? Have you checked them before and after firing with a micrometer?

Dad always told me not to use 22 shorts or longs in a long rifle barrel. The smaller rounds would "eat" the chamber and the long rifles would then fire form into the eaten part of the barrel and be tough to extract.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just think its weird it'll extract unfired stuff just fine, but once its fired it stays put.

Honestly, I'm not holding my breath...but at least its an attempt to make it right.
I had a Winchester 20ga single shot shotgun years ago that did that exact same thing. You would need a cleaning rod to get the fired hull out.

BillPenn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Please keep us informed. I'd like to know what it turns out to be. I like my rifle but the bolt was horribly machined. I spent hours sanding and polishing it to get it to run smoothly.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Got two deliveries from Ruger today...each with an extractor and positioner spring.
I also borrowed a RPR from a friend, so I'm gonna try to get to a buddies and try some stuff out.

If new extractor and spring doesnt work, might try my buddies bolt in my gun and vise versa and see what happens.
Time for this rifle to sink or swim!

Latest posts

Top Bottom