Running and gunning and playing around

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmwguy25

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
all these look like fun, when you compete is there a price or just bragging rights? do they break apart experience or just go for it. Ive never done it so id hate to go out there and mess up big time haha

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This sounds like fun but I don't think I'm ready for a match. Where can I see what goes on at these matches? U guys have any videos?

Look back one thread, you will see one, along with tons of others.

If you don't have all of the equipment you need, its not hard to get somebody to loan you some as long as you check out the match and put out that you want to attend as a first time shooter, and need some gear. You'll only be asked to provide factory ammo in most cases.
Last match at Ponca, I loaned a guy my Kimber 1911, holster, mags and mag pouches to do his first shoot. He did better than he thought he would, and got hooked.
Some of the semi professional shooters on the circuit have guns provided by sponsors to loan for this very purpose.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
all these look like fun, when you compete is there a price or just bragging rights? do they break apart experience or just go for it. Ive never done it so id hate to go out there and **** up big time haha
Of course there is a price. You have to enter the match. Most of them are for range improvements to make it better every time you go back. :D
Major matches have trophys/plaques as well as prize tables that are filled with shooter related items donated by sponsors. Its not uncommon for the last place shooter to go home with a prize from the table that will equal or beat his entry fee. Not always, but it does happen as they are typically random drawings.
I'm going to a major match next month in Pryor that is is sponsored by Ruger. Its a .22 Rimfire steel challenge, and at last count, there is over a $5000 prize table. Entry isn't cheap, but you get what you pay for.

bmwguy25

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Of course there is a price. You have to enter the match. Most of them are for range improvements to make it better every time you go back. :D
Major matches have trophys/plaques as well as prize tables that are filled with shooter related items donated by sponsors. Its not uncommon for the last place shooter to go home with a prize from the table that will equal or beat his entry fee. Not always, but it does happen as they are typically random drawings.
I'm going to a major match next month in Pryor that is is sponsored by Ruger. Its a .22 Rimfire steel challenge, and at last count, there is over a $5000 prize table. Entry isn't cheap, but you get what you pay for.
Yah I mean I'm not saying I wouldn't enter just didn't know if you got a parting prize? LOL I'd love to go. Im trying to find me a deal on a .22 upper and aconversion kit for my block so I can practice plinking cheaper! Everytime I go to the store its getting ahrder and harder to snag up 9mm at decent deals

Latest posts

Top Bottom