S&W Model 617

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thinking about picking up one at my LGS. For those who don't know, it's a K-frame in 22LR.
160584_01_lg_1.jpg

Anyone have any experience with them?

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've owned 4 or 5, of various iterations (2 were 17-6's). The more times I buy and sell a model, the better you can assume I like it. You can always get your money back, or it will last your whole life.

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
22LR wheel guns seem to be high on my list of favorite firearms to shoot. I picked up my 617 through Sooner State Pawn and I couldn't be happier with it. The trigger is pretty poor out of the box, but can easily be cleaned up and lightened with a little work. I'm currently running a BMT Kickstand mount and C-More sight and it makes for very quick target acquisition. I've only put it on paper up to this point and can't wait to test it out on some steel.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Interesting. I had a 617 a few years ago, but I prefer my Ruger Mk II Government Target pistol. Aside of the S&W Night Guard series, I'm just not a big wheelie fan.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had one; loved it. And in a moment of weakness; let a guy talk me out of it...doh!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SPDguns

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
IMG_3636.JPG
I love them. I bought a new 4" with factory combat's when they first came out back in the day. It's worth a small fortune now. I picked up a 6" at a pawn show a year ago. It was rough and I went through it and now it's spotless inside and out. Then I picked up a 6" 17-6 full lug (the pic). However, my shooter is a modern 4" 10- shot like in your pic. You will love it.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Probably next payday. I've inquiries at my LGS, and they say they won't have any problem getting one.

That and an MTM shooting bench.

Latest posts

Top Bottom