Safety Safety Safety - Firearm discharged

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

colb

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thank you all for sharing your stories. While I've yet to have a ND, hearing first hand experiences are eye opening and only reinforce safety practices. Seems like it's all too easy to slip up one time, and that's all it takes.

Glad you all were okay, too. Despite missing a chambered round, you still fell back on safety training and pointed the muzzle in a safe direction. Kudos.

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had one with a .22 rifle. Glenfield 75c (Marlin 60 carbine). I was replacing the trigger assembly that was still serviceable but had a broken tang. I emptied the magazine, shook it several times, left the inner tube out, racked the bolt 4-5 times, looked in the chamber 3 times and verified I could see the empty chamber clearly, and nothing in the lifter. I then disassembled the rifle and replaced the trigger assy. During this process I could see there was no round in the lifter or chamber as well. I put the new trigger in, reassembled the rifle, inserted the inner magazine tube, verified the empty chamber again and racked the bolt. Pointed in a safe direction and pulled the trigger to test. Imagine the stain in my shorts when it went BOOM! Even a .22 is loud when you aren't expecting it. Thankfully no one was hurt and nothing was damaged because i had it pointed safely.

The only thing I can figure is that there was one stuck in the magazine tube and that's the one thing I didn't verify.

Latest posts

Top Bottom