Sale and trade values

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bravo1413

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Maybe it’s just me, but I don’t understand the pricing of some of the postings on this site. Why do people think they can ask/get the total $ they spent on the purchase of a gun. it seems they want to recoup $ for gun, accessories THEY wanted and installed, taxes they spent for said purchases and then ask even more in trade value….and then low and behold, price drop, price drop. Just put a fair price and trade value on it and get a sale. That’s why the same postings appear over and over again. If you purchase a vehicle and add your rims, tires, stereo, and bla bla bla. Do you expect someone to pay for all the junk you put on it? Even you insurance won’t cover it... just saying

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Only one reason that I can think of, once the item is posted you can always go down in price but you cannot go up. Ask for what you want or need. Let others make offers. It's called negotiations.

If you are firm on a price, say so. If you are not say open to offers.

I have always said, as long as both people in a deal leave smiling, it was a good deal.

Go therefore and play nice

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Only one reason that I can think of, once the item is posted you can always go down in price but you cannot go up. Ask for what you want or need. Let others make offers. It's called negotiations.

If you are firm on a price, say so. If you are not say open to offers.

I have always said, as long as both people in a deal leave smiling, it was a good deal.

Go therefore and play nice

I thought that said "Go FORTH and play nice." 😂😂

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Every item has two main values:

1. What buyers are willing to pay.
2. What the seller is willing to let it go for.

The actual value of an item is nearly always number 1. If the seller is not letting it go below the price of number 1 then in reality they are "buying it" from themselves at the inflated value.

While we constantly see examples on here of people selling things at a high markup where this relationship is prominent, the same is true when something new drops on market, whether guns, video cards, cars, whatever. In that case where demand is high, items sell ABOVE MSRP because buyer are willing to pay more.

Heck, I'm guilty of listing things high here in the past. Mainly because I probably SHOULD let something go but I don't WANT to let it go. So if it's going to be gone from my safe then I want a premium to make it worth it to me. I've also paid extra for things because I wanted them "now" and didn't want to wait for something to post at what I considered a more reasonable value.

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
Beating horse sack again
305954-flog.gif

Latest posts

Top Bottom