Sale and trade values

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The problem is knowing when your "enhancements" aren't a value add . I get it someone wanted a Zev Trigger in their Glock 19 but they need to understand that most people aren't going to want the trigger you did . Its smarter to put it back stock keep your gucci parts and sell them off individually. They don't actually add to the value of the gun .

That might be painful to hear but its true . Same thing with a car, yeah you might think those wheels looked cool on it, but they look like garbage to the next guy and tallying up your improvement costs and tacking them on isn't actually making it more valuable.
I'd disagree. Sure, to many buyers the add-on stuff has no value, but to many they are great to get if they are not priced as new. Making certain changes narrows the audience but doesn't make the changes worthless.

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think for some of us that don’t sell much the hard part is putting a price on it. I know what I paid for it and for any applicable upgrades I made but don’t know what that translates to. Obviously gunbroker and armslist are no help in values because business either do penny auctions or people put values that are the same as they bought/invested.
This is a problem that I have. I buy stuff on occasion, but it's the rare occasion that I sell anything. So, when I need (or want) to, I'm always sitting here waffling back and forth between prices that I want to set because I don't want to put up a price that is going to get me laughed at (you KNOW it happens around here) and I don't want to leave any money on the table. I'm not out to screw anyone over but the only reason I would sell something is so that I can get money for it and when I do, I want the most I can get from it. I've been sitting on my list of reloading stuff for about 8 months now because I honestly can't come up with a price that I think would make both parties happy yet.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is a problem that I have. I buy stuff on occasion, but it's the rare occasion that I sell anything. So, when I need (or want) to, I'm always sitting here waffling back and forth between prices that I want to set because I don't want to put up a price that is going to get me laughed at (you KNOW it happens around here) and I don't want to leave any money on the table. I'm not out to screw anyone over but the only reason I would sell something is so that I can get money for it and when I do, I want the most I can get from it. I've been sitting on my list of reloading stuff for about 8 months now because I honestly can't come up with a price that I think would make both parties happy yet.
$1 would make me very happy ;)

I get it. I’m sitting on a few hard to price items. I don’t care if I get made fun of… Especially if it’s coming from the stupid or ignorant people on this site.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd disagree. Sure, to many buyers the add-on stuff has no value, but to many they are great to get if they are not priced as new. Making certain changes narrows the audience but doesn't make the changes worthless.
Agreed. Sometimes an add on to me isn’t worth anything, but if someone prices a used gun with aftermarket parts as a used gun with used aftermarket parts I’m happy to pay for it. If they’re selling a used gun with used parts at MSRP with parts priced at MSRP, it’s typically not gonna fly with me.

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Agreed. Sometimes an add on to me isn’t worth anything, but if someone prices a used gun with aftermarket parts as a used gun with used aftermarket parts I’m happy to pay for it. If they’re selling a used gun with used parts at MSRP with parts priced at MSRP, it’s typically not gonna fly with me.
I have a Vector I'm considering selling because when I got it I mainly got it for the add ons. Now that those are rehomed, I just don't know that I need the Vector next to a Scorpion. It's cool, but not my cuppa

Frank Pope

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I stopped using Armslist when I would decide to sell something because of that which you mention . I stopped looking at all when they decided to charge $6 a month, even with them effectively having a paywall for practical purposes there's still scammers to no end .
My experience with Armslist is that there are more flakes there than in a box of Post Toasties.

Latest posts

Top Bottom