Sale and trade values

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
My favorite: $500 cash, $750 trade value. Huh?

My 2nd favorite: you see this picture with ALL this stuff on it? Yeah, that’s not part of the sale! Well then, take it off and then take pics and place THOSE in the ad!
Or take a picture of a black rifle on a dark printed background then posting it in thumbnail not full size. If you really want to sell something make it easy for the buyer to see it unless you are hiding something.

mad.gif

HFS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's like the old saying what you see depends on where you sit.

Now if *I* own something, then it's solid platinum, diamond and jewel encrusted with flawless hand checkered French walnut furniture, chambered in a rare and desirable caliber.

But if *you* own it, then it's beat all to pieces, it was clearly sporterized and re-blued by a blind idiot and it's chambered for an obsolete caliber you can't find any more.
Don't high ball me, I know what you got! :D

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's like the old saying what you see depends on where you sit.

Now if *I* own something, then it's solid platinum, diamond and jewel encrusted with flawless hand checkered French walnut furniture, chambered in a rare and desirable caliber.

But if *you* own it, then it's beat all to pieces, it was clearly sporterized and re-blued by a blind idiot and it's chambered for an obsolete caliber you can't find any more.
Don't high ball me, I know what you got! :D
Reminds me of a George Carlin routine.

HMCS(FMF)Ret.

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think the dynamic has just changed. When I first started on the forum I could sell anything quickly. That was when oil was huge. It rarely took me more than 24 hours to sell something. Nowadays people want $100 less than MSRP for a used gun. I’d much rather just buy new. Also, I think we have a lot more people that are trying to buy low and turn around and sell high. Personally I love looking at new guns and finding great deals. So if I see a great deal that’s too good to pass up, I might buy it. If I decide to try to sell it on the forum it’s a win/win. If nobody wants it, I call it mine (and since I’ve done things this way, I’ve kept every one). Anyway, that’s my strategy. I don’t buy what I’m not willing to keep forever. Oh, and the words I can’t stand hearing is, “what’s the lowest price you’re willing to take”. Let’s see, asking price?

SPOONBILL

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
At one time I had a few high end items listed and I got a couple bites and thats it. I get it. Items were expensive but a ten percent reduction in what I paid for them was as low as I would go. Especially since its close to a twelve month lead time on them. I didnt need the money. My thinking was maybe trying to help someone out with some REALLY nice components to build off of.

Same goes when Im looking for steals and deals. Im not going to waste someones time low balling. Im either going to pay their price or look somewhere else.

SPOONBILL

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Generally we rarely if ever have issues with established members, keep that in mind...........
In my case I could have listed items on Accurate Shooter and they would have been gone in a day or two but shipping is a pain in the ass. Especially when ffls are involved so I tried on a state wide forum.

Im actually glad they didnt sell because I do want to complete the build I had in mind. The biggest hurdle to it is Im needing a bigger safe.

Latest posts

Top Bottom