Sale and trade values

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
OH while I agree with you , its a free country but when you try to ask 2k for a no name rifle or $1500 for Glock 19 you're getting heckled a bit .

Course I will say its hard to get rid of a gun here even if you price it realistically and to that point and I'll be blunt there's folks who dream big when they make offers lol
You are totally right there. Been lowballed several times here, but Armslist is worse on that.

WoodsCraft

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You are totally right there. Been lowballed several times here, but Armslist is worse on that.

I stopped using Armslist when I would decide to sell something because of that which you mention . I stopped looking at all when they decided to charge $6 a month, even with them effectively having a paywall for practical purposes there's still scammers to no end .

Getintouch98

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think for some of us that don’t sell much the hard part is putting a price on it. I know what I paid for it and for any applicable upgrades I made but don’t know what that translates to. Obviously gunbroker and armslist are no help in values because business either do penny auctions or people put values that are the same as they bought/invested.

WoodsCraft

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think for some of us that don’t sell much the hard part is putting a price on it. I know what I paid for it and for any applicable upgrades I made but don’t know what that translates to. Obviously gunbroker and armslist are no help in values because business either do penny auctions or people put values that are the same as they bought/invested.

The problem is knowing when your "enhancements" aren't a value add . I get it someone wanted a Zev Trigger in their Glock 19 but they need to understand that most people aren't going to want the trigger you did . Its smarter to put it back stock keep your gucci parts and sell them off individually. They don't actually add to the value of the gun .

That might be painful to hear but its true . Same thing with a car, yeah you might think those wheels looked cool on it, but they look like garbage to the next guy and tallying up your improvement costs and tacking them on isn't actually making it more valuable.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Maybe it’s just me, but I don’t understand the pricing of some of the postings on this site. Why do people think they can ask/get the total $ they spent on the purchase of a gun. it seems they want to recoup $ for gun, accessories THEY wanted and installed, taxes they spent for said purchases and then ask even more in trade value….and then low and behold, price drop, price drop. Just put a fair price and trade value on it and get a sale. That’s why the same postings appear over and over again. If you purchase a vehicle and add your rims, tires, stereo, and bla bla bla. Do you expect someone to pay for all the junk you put on it? Even you insurance won’t cover it... just saying
I’m not going to sell a first gen colt anaconda for what I paid for it. I’d sell it for 4-5x more. I sell stuff for what it’s worth, not what I paid for it.

Getintouch98

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The problem is knowing when your "enhancements" aren't a value add . I get it someone wanted a Zev Trigger in their Glock 19 but they need to understand that most people aren't going to want the trigger you did . Its smarter to put it back stock keep your gucci parts and sell them off individually. They don't actually add to the value of the gun .

That might be painful to hear but its true . Same thing with a car, yeah you might think those wheels looked cool on it, but they look like garbage to the next guy and tallying up your improvement costs and tacking them on isn't actually making it more valuable.
What about a gun that has to have a new trigger like a 1.0 shield or replacing sights like on a Glock? Just learning.

Latest posts

Top Bottom