satellite tv question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RWS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
is it possible/legal to run a cable from my house 75' or so to my shop building and have satellite tv in the shop? and if so, can i just run a cable and use one of my satellite boxes or no?

gsarg

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes, you can do that. However, before you can watch tv on it, you'll have to register the receiver, which adds $5-10 to your bill

tm8634

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It doesn't. We take an extra receiver to the lake and tailgates, it doesn't have to be at the same location. Just need a registered receiver, and a spare dish.

i didnt think it did, if its registered at you house already you can just take it and hook it up at you lake house, right?

Neanderthal

In Remembrance / March 2023
Special Hen
Reaction score
Are you asking if you can split the satellite cable from one receiver and run it to two different locations? You would be watching the same channel on both TV's, but sure you can.

RWS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i have an extra box and tv. the whole set up for one room that we dont use, but is in operation. i want to unhook it all, hook in a long cable, run it to the shop and hook it back up. it should already be "registered" and should work just like it did in the house.

right?

gsarg

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
i didnt think it did, if its registered at you house already you can just take it and hook it up at you lake house, right?
Correct. If the receiver is on your bill, you can use it anywhere.

i have an extra box and tv. the whole set up for one room that we dont use, but is in operation. i want to unhook it all, hook in a long cable, run it to the shop and hook it back up. it should already be "registered" and should work just like it did in the house.

right?
Yep, you're good to go

Latest posts

Top Bottom