Saw my first open carry yesterday...Why?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daytomann

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wow, you made one of the points originally questioned. Is he an attention whore? Are you? If you like the feeling of people looking at you because of what you're doing, or the way you're dressed, or the way you act, you're an attention whore.

Do you open carry?

That's what I want to know, truthfully, do YOU OPEN CARRY? If so, why?
Are you an attention whore?
Do you believe you are a deterrent to stop crime?
Are you just exhibiting a right in order to bring attention to it so it becomes a normal sight?

Since you don't know me and are making assumptions, I will correct you and tell you I did not think he was an attention whore. If he was being loud and obnoxious in his words and actions, I would have thought he was an attention whore. My first thought was "wow, I wouldn't do that because I would hate to become a target." Hence, my question to others for input and enlightenment.

I don't think I've been disrespectful in my question. I didn't say the guy didn't have a right. I didn't say I have to approve what he did. I asked a question....a legitimate question. If we can't have a dialogue on a gun sight, how in the hell do we have a dialogue with the people who don't agree with us.

Ok tranger, I'm getting your point but let me go back to the well again about your OP. You start it off by citing an example of a guy who many would consider is carrying in an ostentatious manner, to say the least. ( Which I do not fault him and could care less) Then go on to ask...why? Why do you open carry? IMHO it struck me as backhanded and insincere. I think there's a dozen different ways to have approached the OP in a more sincere manner.
So that's why I was suspicious and "not buying it".

As for me, I've already answered how i carry and if you really want to know, I'll tell you. I never open carry, I carry completely concealed sometimes and other times I just throw it on my hip and cover it with a shirt. No one has ever noticed that I could tell and if they did, they never alerted to me.
I do not want the attention from good guys or bad guys. I carry for one reason only, to protect myself and my family from immediate threat of death. That's it. My decision to go through the process to get my license and carry on my person was not made lightly and I take it seriously. That's why a post that I construed as flippant twisted me off a little. Obviously you didn't mean it that way but that's just how I saw it. I hope you understand.

n2sooners

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Note to self, don't ask questions about carry methods on gun board, stick to something less controversial like politics and religion instead...

Latest posts

Top Bottom