Saw OKC engraving post.. what about Tulsa?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tulsamal

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've got an AR-15 pistol that I'm ready to convert to SBR. I live in the Vinita area so I'm wondering if there is someplace local to get my lower engraved? Vinita is halfway between Tulsa and Joplin, right off I-44.

I guess it is asking a lot but.... do we have any other Craig County NFA types on here? Just wondering if the Sheriff is going to be a problem for the sign off or whether I should just go living trust? My guess is that he will sign but I haven't gone by to ask yet.

Thanks,

Gregg

tulsamal

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is that supposed to mean Oklahoma Police Supply? The place east of Dong's? I've been in there a few times. Even bought a S&W M57 from them at a Tulsa Gun Show. Have you actually used them? Did you just go in and wait or did you have to come back, etc? Cost?

Thanks,

Gregg

taymoor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just got ahold of the OPS engraver today. They will do the engraving for $20, but they only do laser engraving, not the .003'' mechanical engraving. anywhere else? I've heard of B and H engraving, but can't get ahold of them.

penismightier

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just got ahold of the OPS engraver today. They will do the engraving for $20, but they only do laser engraving, not the .003'' mechanical engraving. anywhere else? I've heard of B and H engraving, but can't get ahold of them.

I took mine to B&H, it looks decent, I expected nicer, but I may just have expected too much.

penismightier

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What did they charge? appointment? if not, how long of a wait?

I think it was $45, I just dropped it off without appointment or anything. It took a few days (2-3) although I waited a few more to pick it up.

If you want to see pictures of it PM me your email and I'll send you a few.

Latest posts

Top Bottom