School threats

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Threats towards schools have been going on for decades. Weapons of many kinds brought to school and bomb threats phoned in were daily occurrences in the 90's and 2000's.
Yep, I remember when my sister was in high school in the early 80s (decent sized school in texas). Conversation would go like:

Parent:- hey, why are you home early?

Sister: Oh, there was a bomb threat before 5th period.

Parent: Oh, OK.

Difference today is there seems like an actual danger of it being real vs someone getting out of a test.

TinkerTanker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don’t think there is a single thing we can point our finger at that would “solve” the problem.

Welll.......

1nc1y5.jpg

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
A student had gun at Monroe middle school Mar. 30th., A student at Mustang High let someone(not a student) in a secured door April 3rd., Booker T. Washington had a lockdown the 4th.
In the last couple of days Bristow, Clinton, Cleveland, Collinsville, and Elgin all had threats.
I haven't posted links but a quick search confirms the info.
A punk with a gun tried to get into Berryhill school, a day, or two, after the MURDERS in Nashville, the school had locked down, and the TC Sheriff Dept, got the punk, according to the local news. It seem every time one of these MASS MURDERS at a school happens, we always have a rash of copy cat attempts? Does that not prove these SPOILED BRATS MOTIVATION? They are obviously seeking ATTENTION, which is what ALL, SPOILED BRATS SEEK!! There was a herd of elephants on a game preserve that had the dominate male killed by poachers for his ivory. The juvinile males in the heard, went nuts, became punks, and caused all kinds of problems. The game managemant people brought in another domonate male, and by the next day, the natural order of things was restored, and everyone was happy again, especially the punk kids!!

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Elgin is still investigating. School was canceled yesterday. No school until next Wednesday, but the upcoming days were scheduled as teacher work days ( days off for inclement weather days that weren’t used). My daughter is a senior at Elgin, and it is very worrisome that this kind of threat was made.
Of course it's very worrisome, that and parent's reactions to worries/fears resulting from these types of threats was the intended point of this thread.
One or two of the threats were found to be "recycled" as seated above. Elgin is still being investigated as you said, hopefully you'll update/Share anything you learn with us.
The Booker T. threat was said to be credible and juvenile female was arrested in Bixby. There are no new YO cases on OSCN so chances are it will be a juvie case and we'll never know any details, especially regarding outcome/accountability for her actions.
There was an arrest made in the Mustang case and the suspect was said to be unarmed but no further details have been given, was it a possible danger? What happens to the kid who opened the door?
Given the worry/fear instilled by these events very often with little follow up info, (and the fact that many never search for any) and only focus on the threats how many parents will only see danger to their kids and see gun control as the "reasonable" or only answer?

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well they caught the kid involved at Elgin. You won’t hear it on the news but my wife was instrumental in getting this solved. Turns out the kid has had a horrible life getting bounced around from one abusive family to another and was a big target for ridicule from the other students. I hope the young man gets the help he needs and the Lord uses this situation as a major wake-up call and to bring about change.

elwoodtrix

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Harrah Police Department

·
HARRAH POLICE DEPARTMENT PRESS RELEASE
Dated: April 11, 2023
The Harrah Police Department is aware of an alleged threat made today April 11, 2023, involving Harrah Middle School. We are currently investigating the incident with the assistance of the Harrah Public School Administration to gain as much correct information as possible.
Preliminary information collected by the Harrah Police Department’s School Resource Officer and the Harrah Middle School administrators determined that there was no immediate threat to any of the students and staff and the school was not placed on lockdown.
A notification was sent to parents as soon as the school had collected enough information to make that notification. We want to assure parents and students that our Officers were there and were prepared to keep the students and staff safe. Any questions regarding the notification system need to be addressed to the Harrah Public School Administrators.
This is an ongoing investigation with the assistance of the Harrah Public School Administration to determine if any criminal violations have occurred as a result of this incident.
Sincerely,
Marty Burns
Chief of Police

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don’t think there is a single thing we can point our finger at that would “solve” the problem. We have parents that ignore their children and deny, making excuses for bad behavior. We have a system that is so afraid of violating children’s rights they fail to take action, we have a society of young people that embrace rude and outlandish behavior via internet videos and “challenges”. Just look at how many stupid reality TV shows romanticize foolishness. I don’t think anything short of a revival for the Lord is going to change the direction we’re heading.
Reintroduce them to a paddle.

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Reintroduce them to a paddle.
For kids like you and me that may work but somehow I don’t think corporal punishment will do much for kids that are burned with cigarettes and beaten bloody, bruised and raped on a regular basis. Wife had one student that was even forced by his uncle to watch as he, the uncle shot one of her student’s brothers in the head. Uncle said “ this is what happens to snitches”.

Latest posts

Top Bottom