Scope question on a Steyr Mannlicher

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
No evidence of loc tite on the rear mount. The screw holes are recessed in the mount. I’m letting them soak overnight in a mix of gas and trans fluid. I’ll give the reverse bit a try tomorrow

Ians 17/22

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Now that’s funny right there!

How did u do with your concocktion ?.....i still say Kroil (the oil that creeps) , a friend takes apart many guns , i gave him some Kroil a while ago , he doesn't use anything else....he sells gun parts.....

The comment on Stuck chock tubes is interesting.......yrs ago a buyer from Dupont / Remington visited me in regards to mfg'ing the tubes , after reviewing the dwg'ings & relizing the quantity they wanted which i could not deliver i had to say thanks but no thanks , as i recall the material was 17-4 ph , a percipitation hardening grade , pretty pricey , i certainly could have made them BUT not the quantity in accordance to their requirements.....we had a pleasent meeting , immediatly i saw problems with the fine threads (folks would tend to cross them) also the slender taper at the inside end......BUT i guess it all worked out since many guns & people are using them.... i still don't care for them ......
That was a trip down memory lane.....THANKS

Attachments

• IMG_4983.jpeg
    IMG_4983.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
How did u do with your concocktion ?.....i still say Kroil (the oil that creeps) , a friend takes apart many guns , i gave him some Kroil a while ago , he doesn't use anything else....he sells gun parts.....

The comment on Stuck chock tubes is interesting.......yrs ago a buyer from Dupont / Remington visited me in regards to mfg'ing the tubes , after reviewing the dwg'ings & relizing the quantity they wanted which i could not deliver i had to say thanks but no thanks , as i recall the material was 17-4 ph , a percipitation hardening grade , pretty pricey , i certainly could have made them BUT not the quantity in accordance to their requirements.....we had a pleasent meeting , immediatly i saw problems with the fine threads (folks would tend to cross them) also the slender taper at the inside end......BUT i guess it all worked out since many guns & people are using them.... i still don't care for them ......
That was a trip down memory lane.....THANKS
Didn’t make any headway. I’ll get some kroil tomorrow. The stick choke tube wasn’t supposed to carry on as long as it did. But I won in the end!

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
I ended up stripping out a countersunk screw that was loctited and cranked down on an ak stock trunion a while back. Ended up having to weld a tiny nut onto it, the heat destroyed the loctite and the nut gave me something to grab. Worked like a charm.

Latest posts

Top Bottom