Selling your guns to a store, how far will I have to bend over?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vomar

Marksman
Reaction score
So, like the title says, I have some stuff I need to move that just doesn't have demand around here. I don't want to put them up for consignment and sit on them for months, only to pay the store 10-20% if they sell. I figure I would just go and sell them somewhere. Bass Pro, Cabelas, maybe village tactical. How bad am I going to get screwed? Are we talking pawn shop 40% of street value screwed?
If you're Near Del City, bring them to 2013 Pawn. Yeah, it's a pawn shop, but I will give you 65% of what similar guns are bringing on the auction sites. Assuming they are in decent shape. And, not what they list for, but what they are selling for. It's low, but I'd have to cover listing fees.

red dirt shootist

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you're Near Del City, bring them to 2013 Pawn. Yeah, it's a pawn shop, but I will give you 65% of what similar guns are bringing on the auction sites. Assuming they are in decent shape. And, not what they list for, but what they are selling for. It's low, but I'd have to cover listing fees.
I like your straight up answer, and 65% is very fair, a lot of shops charge 30% consignment fees. How do you determine selling prices, completed sales on Gunbroker? Where is your store, I'd like to stop by.

Vomar

Marksman
Reaction score
I like your straight up answer, and 65% is very fair, a lot of shops charge 30% consignment fees. How do you determine selling prices, completed sales on Gunbroker? Where is your store, I'd like to stop by.
4721 SE 29th ST, Del City. Across from Korean House, in a strip mall with Richard's Liquor. Tuesday thru Saturday, 10ish-6.

This weekend, I'll be closed because I'll have tables set up at the gun show. I'll have an island of 10 tables, red covers. I'll be the scruffy old bastard in a manual wheelchair, and will have a skinny girl (daughter) helping do the paperwork. My number is 580-775-0781. You can call or text.

And, yes, I'll look on gunbroker and gunauction, show you what I find, and we'll go from there. If you want to do a consignment, it will depend on the gun. I'd do a $1000 gun for 10%, you cover auction fees. I won't do a $100 .22 for $10. It's just not worth the time.

red dirt shootist

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
4721 SE 29th ST, Del City. Across from Korean House, in a strip mall with Richard's Liquor. Tuesday thru Saturday, 10ish-6.

This weekend, I'll be closed because I'll have tables set up at the gun show. I'll have an island of 10 tables, red covers. I'll be the scruffy old bastard in a manual wheelchair, and will have a skinny girl (daughter) helping do the paperwork. My number is 580-775-0781. You can call or text.

And, yes, I'll look on gunbroker and gunauction, show you what I find, and we'll go from there. If you want to do a consignment, it will depend on the gun. I'd do a $1000 gun for 10%, you cover auction fees. I won't do a $100 .22 for $10. It's just not worth the time.
"Scruffy old bastard in a wheelchair." Hell man, you just described half the people there. I won't see you at the gun show, I have a very low tolerance of BS, and at the gunshow you're gonna be swimming through it. But I will stop by your shop. Thanks

jtmcglothin

You’ve got a fren in me
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you look the gun up on Truegunvalue.com and find the used price, that's a pretty fair representation of what it's worth. And every gun shop I've asked has told me that they'll pay 50% of the "retail value", unless it's a pawn shop. In that case you can count on about 40%. But as soon as you sell it to them it's magically worth 150% of the listed value once it hits the shelf.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
@HoLeChit
Unless you’re just really desperate to dump them, I’d hold off trying to deal with a gun shop or for sure a pawn shop. My thinking is if you’re willing to accept 50% of fair market value from a pawn shop list them on here for that price where at least you’ll know who’s getting the deal.

Latest posts

Top Bottom