Selling your guns to a store, how far will I have to bend over?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
This thread reminds me of a sale I made back in the day, on my local gun forum. It had a very unique history, but otherwise mundane milsurp that I needed to move to make some car repairs. I had the dang thing listed for weeks, and just kept bumping the price down. Finally I got pissed about it. Got my old lady afternoon drunk on a Saturday, and took some tasteful nude shots with her using the rifle to cover the necessary bits.
The gun was out the door within 12 hrs, but the thread went insane for like a week solid with a bump count into the thousands.

Sir if you still have those pictures we are gonna need you to post those photos in the Milsurp section please… just so we can examine what kind of rifle it was… yeah.. examine the rifle… hard…

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This thread reminds me of a sale I made back in the day, on my local gun forum. It had a very unique history, but otherwise mundane milsurp that I needed to move to make some car repairs. I had the dang thing listed for weeks, and just kept bumping the price down. Finally I got pissed about it. Got my old lady afternoon drunk on a Saturday, and took some tasteful nude shots with her using the rifle to cover the necessary bits.
The gun was out the door within 12 hrs, but the thread went insane for like a week solid with a bump count into the thousands.

Are you @RickN’s progeny?!? 😜

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
If you look the gun up on Truegunvalue.com and find the used price, that's a pretty fair representation of what it's worth.
TGV is like Kryptonite to sellers. Especially here. Almost exactly 180 degrees is Gunbroker which is Kryptonite to buyers. If one is a fair seller, they'll stay somewhere in the TGV ballpark and keep the GB pricing on GB.

Same with buyers, if they stick within the fair market even at the low end, they'll probably get something they want, but most are cheeeeep AF and are trying to get flea market deals. MF won't budge on $10...for reals. It's like Chris Rock - "how much for one rib?" Pathetic

And every gun shop I've asked has told me that they'll pay 50% of the "retail value", unless it's a pawn shop. In that case you can count on about 40%. But as soon as you sell it to them it's magically worth 150% of the listed value once it hits the shelf.
This is true. It's an easy sell if you're good with getting rid of your stuff but Holmes will put it up at the top end of the retail market ASAP.

edl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was told nicely that posting sites like that is against the rules, because it‘s in direct competition with the owner of this site who wants the revenue from memberships to use the classifieds on here.
Gunsoklahoma……. I put a pistol with red dot on there that would not move here. The offers to buy ( three or four) have all been out of state people. They have out of state numbers. I let them know they must be an OK resident. None of them have had an OK drivers license. For what that’s worth……. Of course that is not exclusive to Gunsoklahoma.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Awesome Idea! @RickN want a second career being a nude model of OSA guns?

Josh P

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
typically your best bet is trading unless your just needing money. If you’re needing money throw em on gunbroker and take the tax hit at the end of the year. I will say if you’re gonna sell em to a pawn shop for 30-40% value which is what you’lol get unless you find a good ole boy and those are getting rare. Just list em on here or the other local sites for 40 off take the hit and you’re done.

Latest posts

Top Bottom