Selling your guns to a store, how far will I have to bend over?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
@HoLeChit
Unless you’re just really desperate to dump them, I’d hold off trying to deal with a gun shop or for sure a pawn shop. My thinking is if you’re willing to accept 50% of fair market value from a pawn shop list them on here for that price where at least you’ll know who’s getting the deal.
True. I would keep them before allowing myself to get completely screwed. I figured that if I couldn’t sell the Howa I’ve tried to sell for the past year now I would just take it and get it chopped down to 16.1” and just keep it forever. But I’ve found someone who wants to give me a reasonable offer on all 3 guns I’m selling, which should work out to be very convenient for me.

KroyWen

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How have I lived here all these years and am just now learning about this site?!?

Oh, thanks…but hold my wallet, please!
I was told nicely that posting sites like that is against the rules, because it‘s in direct competition with the owner of this site who wants the revenue from memberships to use the classifieds on here.
Agree, plus I just checked that site, has almost zero traffic, activity. Wouldn’t hold my breath hoping for action there.

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here's da ting...post your gear up for sale here, ask a decent price (don't expect to get your moolah back) and see what happens. Let it run for a week or so. Bump it about every 24 hours, and ya never know.

It don't cost nuthin, and if some azzhole lowballs you, just tell him/her to step off! I'll bet whatever you have might be of interest to someone here. One man's trash is another man's treasure, ya know!

Good luck to ya! :thumb:
Amen

elwoodtrix

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
@HoLeChit
Unless you’re just really desperate to dump them, I’d hold off trying to deal with a gun shop or for sure a pawn shop. My thinking is if you’re willing to accept 50% of fair market value from a pawn shop list them on here for that price where at least you’ll know who’s getting the deal.
This

RockHopper

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This thread reminds me of a sale I made back in the day, on my local gun forum. It had a very unique history, but otherwise mundane milsurp that I needed to move to make some car repairs. I had the dang thing listed for weeks, and just kept bumping the price down. Finally I got pissed about it. Got my old lady afternoon drunk on a Saturday, and took some tasteful nude shots with her using the rifle to cover the necessary bits.
The gun was out the door within 12 hrs, but the thread went insane for like a week solid with a bump count into the thousands.

Latest posts

Top Bottom