Service members' flags

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zombie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't believe so, but depending upon branch of service and who can be located you may be able to get it replaced. I know you can have medals and some paperwork replaced.

If you were in OKC I could help in finding a flag or folding it...and those in the area if you need one tightened up or fixed I may be able to assist.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't believe there are any "regs" that would preclude you doing what you want to do.

If it were me, I'd say screw the regs, and do it. Your thoughts on this subject are to be commended.:D

Danny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You can request a copy of his DD Form 214 which will list his awards. Check with your local VFW and they can assist you on who to contact to get those medals.

Hobby Lobby does have those cases for a reasonable price. We used one for my Dad. We put the flag in the upper portion, and in the bottom portion is a picture of him in his uniform centered. To the right (like it would be above his left breast pocket) are his medals. I lined up the ribbons above each actual medal. On the left were his qualification badges like his CIB, Marksman awards, etc. To the left of those I lined up several of the spent casings from his farewell salute that was fired at the burial by the VFW color guard. I think I used 7 as there were 7 shooters firing three times.

I think it would be fully appropriate for you to display all of them however, and wherever you wish. They fought for that right.

Zombie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You can request a copy of his DD Form 214 which will list his awards. Check with your local VFW and they can assist you on who to contact to get those medals.

Hobby Lobby does have those cases for a reasonable price. We used one for my Dad. We put the flag in the upper portion, and in the bottom portion is a picture of him in his uniform centered. To the right (like it would be above his left breast pocket) are his medals. I lined up the ribbons above each actual medal. On the left were his qualification badges like his CIB, Marksman awards, etc. To the left of those I lined up several of the spent casings from his farewell salute that was fired at the burial by the VFW color guard. I think I used 7 as there were 7 shooters firing three times.

I think it would be fully appropriate for you to display all of them however, and wherever you wish. They fought for that right.

you can actually request the medals online or by mail now and they will send them. for next of kin or prior service

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Don't know if you can still do it this way or not, but when my Step Dad died back in 1977 I was able to take his death certificate and a copy of his discharge to the post office and the postmaster gave me a flag. I did the same thing when my Dad died in 1983.

Latest posts

Top Bottom