SG ammo pulls Russian made ammo off it’s website

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PBramble

Let's Eat
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you had gold, and the price doubled over-nite, Can I come to you and buy it at the old price ?? Please ?
but the price of his "gold" hasn't moved recently. Not a good analogy either. I don't understand the reasoning of keeping some old junky steel case crap on the hopes that it's going to cost as much as brass cased ammo. Why would anyone pay that price and not get usable re-loadable brass? It's not good business.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
but the price of his "gold" hasn't moved recently. Not a good analogy either. I don't understand the reasoning of keeping some old junky steel case crap on the hopes that it's going to cost as much as brass cased ammo. Why would anyone pay that price and not get usable re-loadable brass? It's not good business.
People have been buying steel case ammo every day and paying ridiculous prices to get it. Good business or not, it’s been happening, and if you don’t realize this, you’re either delusional or have been under a rock for the last couple of years.

I’ve told a lot of people griping about ammo prices that at some point “in stock“ trumps price or quality if you “need” it. :anyone:

MTactical

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Except that staying in business isn't contingent on you selling your home so it's not even the same. And then maybe the new job needs you there soon and you can't swing two mortgage payments. Then what?
Obviously his staying in business isn’t contigent on selling Russian ammo either.
all I’m seeing on this thread is a bunch of people that didn’t stock up when it was cheap and now they’re angry they may have missed the boat. The guy is in business to make money, not get you cheap stuff.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's not in stock now, is it? And there are still some deals out there to be had. Yes, not pre panic pricing, but available now.
As I said in my first post in the thread, I don’t think Sam handled the situation right, but I do think it started out being a smart move. At this point, he may have pissed off enough people that it might end up biting him in the @ss. I’m pretty well set on ammo and reloading components, so I haven’t really kept up with what’s available right now or the prices. People generally have short memories, so I’m fairly confident Sam is going to make out like a bandit on his steel cased ammo whenever he decides to sell it.

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As I said in my first post in the thread, I don’t think Sam handled the situation right, but I do think it started out being a smart move. At this point, he may have pissed off enough people that it might end up biting him in the @ss. I’m pretty well set on ammo and reloading components, so I haven’t really kept up with what’s available right now or the prices. People generally have short memories, so I’m fairly confident Sam is going to make out like a bandit on his steel cased ammo whenever he decides to sell it.
Some times in life, being open and honest bites you in the Patooty.

PBramble

Let's Eat
Special Hen
Reaction score
Obviously his staying in business isn’t contigent on selling Russian ammo either.
all I’m seeing on this thread is a bunch of people that didn’t stock up when it was cheap and now they’re angry they may have missed the boat. The guy is in business to make money, not get you cheap stuff.
I'm thinking this is directed at me so let me set this record straight. I don't own any x39 firearms and I don't shoot steel cased ammo through my guns. I reload and stocked up and continue to purchase when I find better deals. I'm not an end of the world prepper, but I've got a decent stash and enough reloading stuff to keep me busy for a long time without buying anything else. Matter of fact, I've got 260 rounds of this steel cased crap and I'm pulling the bullets for my 300BO and scrapping the rest. The 80 rounds of brass cased x39 will likely find the same fate.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes, if you want to limit the scope to only that lot that he has in stock now, he’ll make out on that for sure. But again, when it’s gone, it’s gone. I saw a week or so ago he posted that his stock on hand would probably be his last due to Biden’s import ban so he gave warning before pulling it.

I noticed this morning he has a bunch of Yugoslav in stock and his markup is a blistering $20 per case. Anybody got any rope?

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes, if you want to limit the scope to only that lot that he has in stock now, he’ll make out on that for sure. But again, when it’s gone, it’s gone. I saw a week or so ago he posted that his stock on hand would probably be his last due to Biden’s import ban so he gave warning before pulling it.

I noticed this morning he has a bunch of Yugoslav in stock and his markup is a blistering $20 per case. Anybody got any rope?
I agree that when it’s gone it’s gone, and I’m sure that’s why he’s waiting to see what the market does to maximize his profits one last time. I don’t begrudge the guy for it either. :anyone:

Latest posts

Top Bottom